Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter






This morning started way too early with Eliza and Libby coming in at 4:30, wondering if the Easter bunny had come yet. I was like, "Um...not yet. You need to go back to sleep so he can come." They both climbed into bed with us and Libby went right back to bed. Eliza took a while to get back to sleep. And unfortunately, I never could get back to sleep. By 7:15 Libby was up and wanted me to get up with her see if the Easter bunny had come. She looked first and came back to report that she looked all around but couldn't find their baskets! This year the Easter bunny decided to do a scavenger hunt for them to find their baskets. So I went back in their with her to help her find the note he left. She grabbed the note and ran back in to our room and waited for Eliza to wake up (Ellie had woken up by now, too). So it was on to the hunt to find their Easter baskets. They LOVED it. I heard comments like, "This is the best Easter ever" and "The Easter bunny is so nice!" It was cute to see Eliza and Libby so excited. They found their baskets in our closet and had fun going through them. Eliza and Libby both got a pair of shorts and a t-shirt along with a puzzle and a "Reeseter Bunny" (a bunny-shaped peanut butter cup). Ellie got a Frisbee and sand toys and Hattie got a book. In her basket was a gift for everyone: the new Enchanted movie (Leslie--you can come watch anytime! I know it's your favorite! LOL!). And all this happened before church!

We got ready for church. I didn't do new Easter dresses for my girls. Probably a bad mom, but Eliza just got a new dress and my other girls had great looking hand-me-downs they had never worn yet, so I put them in those. ...except for Libby who opted for a tried and true outfit. Oh well! See...she probably wouldn't have worn a new dress anyway!


Church was great. The choir did a nice program with singing and narration. I didn't teach in young women, so I got to sit and enjoy Marci's lesson.

After church we came home and I quickly put together our dessert to bring to Brian's parents' for dinner. We went over there and had Easter dinner (ham, potatoes, etc.), then had dessert. I made two things basically because I couldn't decide. I've been wanting to make a "Lemon Poke Cake" that my grandma used to make. So I made that, and I also made a Strawberry Cheesecake trifle. Yum! When I am not so tired, I'll include the recipe. It was a hit!

We stayed there a while and visited while the kids played both inside and out. We had fun except I am so tired of my allergies or sinus or whatever I have!

Sleeping babies are irresistible aren't they?

No comments: