Friday Lib had preschool, and I met with Karolyn to talk about girls' camp stuff. It's not until July, but I am getting fairly excited and it'll go quick! Brian came home early, and I headed out to do some errands before date night. After we got our sitter, we had to sign our tax return so it could be filed, we got dinner at Sandbar, went to JoAnn's, then to a wedding reception. Then it was on to Target to finish Easter preparations.
Today was our 4th (I think) annual family Easter party. We met at my parents and enjoyed a good BBQ lunch. Then we had games. Dan & Chris had everyone guess how many robin eggs were in a container, then Brian (my brother) did his uber-popular "Tootie-Ta" with all kids. This year, Libby didn't do it nor did she do the relay game. Silly girl. I led the kids in a relay with the plastic egg on a spoon. Then it was inside for the fish pond where Grandpa and Grandma spoiled all the grandkids. After some fishing, Chris had the kids decorate a cupcake before they went out back for the Easter egg hunt.










It was a great time and everyone had fun celebrating and socializing.
We ended the day watching the city of Glendale channel 11. They are running a special about my dad who has been with the city as a police officer for 35 years--longer than anyone on the force. It was well done and fun to watch. So if you live in Glendale, you'll have to check it out!

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out closets, packing up winter clothes getting out stuff for the next season and cleaning out to give to DI. I never look forward to that job because it's a HUGE job and takes a long time. But it feels so good and refreshing to have it done.
I am trying to kick a sore throat and sinus yuck. I finally got some Aleeve cold and sinus, so I am hoping for some relief soon! That stuff works so great.


No comments:
Post a Comment