Sunday, June 08, 2008

Small

Yesterday was another Saturday without a lot we had to do. Brian went hiking in the morning, then we went to Costco for lunch--pizza and hot dogs and I had a turkey wrap. I really liked the wheat tortilla it was in. We got a few things at Costco while we were there. In the afternoon we went swimming at the resort. I actually got in all the way (except for my head) and it wasn't too chilly! I went on the slide, too, which was fun but made me dizzy! I am pathetic.

This morning started fairly early. I went to the new West Wing Ward because it was Leslie's baby blessing. Then I left there a little early to go to my meeting, then it was on to our Sacrament meeting. It was so tiny! I think only three or four families sat in the hard chairs in the back. Not only was it smaller but it was quieter...which meant that Hattie's ear piercing screams (to simply indicate...well..nothing) weren't muffled by the rest of the other noise. Does anyone have ideas for how to get a 16 month old to stop squealing so loudly! Ugh! She doesn't do it because she is mad--it's just a shriek.... I would love ALL ideas. I had to go out with her because of that. I felt like my lesson went well, so that is always good.

This evening we went to my parents for dinner and Eliza stayed for a sleepover. I am just trying to catch up on young women stuff and getting ready for Havasupai this week.

1 comment:

Jamafam said...

Some people may find this unethical, but it has worked for me. When Isaac would scream like that, I tried really hard to think of a natural consequence. What I came up with was sticking my finger in his mouth just far enough for him to gag. It only takes a couple of times, but he stopped screaming. Please don't report me!