Monday, August 10, 2009

1st Day of School

Today was a bittersweet day as is every first day of the new school year! I always think about this quote when it comes to the beginning of the year:

"Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children do."

So true. This morning went well. Everyone got ready smoothly and we were able to leave in plenty of time to take pictures and get to school. Eliza had picked her outfit out on Saturday and Libby just said she would decide this morning. And she did! I am so grateful it went smoothly and that no one complained about going. We went to their classes--Libby's first--and met her teacher. We got everything out of her bag and looked around a bit. We told Libby we were going to drop Eliza off but that we'd be back by to check on her. She wanted to go with us. So she did. We went to Eliza's room, found her desk and got her all situated. She got right to work on the word search at her desk. She said she had butterflies, but she did well. Libby didn't say she was nervous, but I could tell she was. Just a flushed face and had that nervous look. This day always tugs at my heartstrings! It's so scary sending them out into the world where there are more influences and kids who aren't always nice, etc. But as Brian assures me, they know what is right and will do well. We left Eliza's room and went back to Libby's. By then there were more students and she sat at her desk and got to work. We said our good-byes and went back to wave at Eliza and then back to wave at Libby one more time. I am waiting on pins and needles to hear how today goes!

I am sad some of the pictures are blurry but they are still cute.






After dropping them off, Ellie, Hattie and I went to Wal-Mart to stock up from being gone, then we came home and are just trying to pass the time until pick up!

OK--so pick up took a while since all K-8 get out at the same time. The girls were so hot when I got to the front of the line to pick them up. I felt so bad. They both had a good day though and said their teachers were nice. I am glad their day went well!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hey! Libby wore one of her new bracelets! Yea!!!

Mo said...

Ok, second to my own girls of course, you have the next cutest girls EVER. :)