I kept meaning to get on the computer and update this, but I was either too busy or too tired! Let's hope I can remember what all we did this week.
School is going well for Eliza and Libby. Eliza had her first spelling test--they do a pretest on Thursdays and if they get a 100%, they don't have to take the test on Friday. Eliza was excited to get a 100 on the pretest, so she didn't have to take it this week. She was sad not to get the class job of "zookeeper" in her class. She was teary about it on Monday night. I felt so bad for her and wanted to cry right with her. Brian thought I was silly and said she has to learn she doesn't get everything she wants at school. That is true, but it still was sad! I think she is over it now. I have been worried about her doing her reading homework--they have to read every night. Before school started, she would say that she didn't like reading, etc., and it was like pulling teeth to get her to read. To help that, Brian decided he would read with her every night and that has been going great. She looks forward to that time and is excited about reading. They finished one book already this week, so on to the next!
Libby is enjoying school. I got to go to lunch with her today. She eats her whole lunch, but doesn't save the best for last! She eats everything and then her sandwich is last. I sat with Eliza for a minute, then went out to recess with Libby. I about melted in the heat. She had fun playing, knowing I was watching her. She got her first "note" on her behavior chart today. She has to miss 5 minutes of recess on Monday for talking!!! I was quite shocked actually since it was Libby! I guess around her peers she is quite chatty. I am glad though. We chatted about it when she got home and hopefully that will be the last note. I think it will be since she has to miss recess and just for the fact that she didn't get a stamp on her chart.
Ellie has played a lot of dolls this week. She loves to be the mom. She is so sweet and says the sweetest prayers--always remembering people in her prayers. Last night the oldest 3 were playing dolls and Eliza and Libby were arguing over who had what doll accessory. I overheard Ellie say, "Jesus wants us to be kind." So cute.
Hattie has said some funny things this week. We were out with my mom one day and we stopped in a store and my mom had to use the restroom first. So before we went in we said she would be doing that. We walked in the store and not quietly, Hattie said, "Gramma--you have to go potty?" Then when we were done at the store (but still in the store), she said, "Gramma--did you go potty?" It was pretty funny. That same day she said, "My daddy's at work. He's my friend." Darling. Another thing--Ellie was crying about something while we were at Home Depot the other day. Hattie said, "Ellie, take a deep breath." She is also cute when she gets a compliment or when someone gives something to her. My mom came over this week and told Hattie that she liked her dress. Hattie said, "Thank you!" --very animated and cute. It made us laugh. And Ellie gave her a toy or something and Hattie said, "Thank you so much. That's so nice!" She can be so cute. But not so cute at her 5:45 wake up. One night this week she got up at 12 and didn't sleep again until 2. She just laid in her bed with her eyes open. I laid next to her to see if she would fall asleep--I did, she didn't! Plus it was torture on my back!
Let's see what else...Brian got his car back home from Prescott Valley. He just had the basic fixed to get it home. Now he is just going to try to sell it. I had a couple meetings on Tuesday night--I am at the point in my calling where you wonder how you'll ever have time to do everything. I do this in every calling I think, then I get into a groove and figure it out. I do know from my last calling though that as I serve, my time is enlarged and somehow I have time to do everything. On Thursday night a couple friends and I went to Cold Stone with Leslie to celebrate new baby who's coming this next week. The new Cold Stone is open right by us now--dangerous!!!! It was fun to eat and visit. We were inside at first, but it was freezing and were shivering, so we moved outside and about melted, sitting there chatting so long. Tonight I went to the park to help my niece with volleyball--her school tryouts start on Monday. She had two other little friends there and we just did some basic skills stuff. We stopped on the way home for a caramel apple at Rocky Mtn. (it's inside the new Cold Stone--did I mention dangerous?!), then came home.
This week I took my 3-hour glucose test. I didn't have to lay down this time like I did last time, but the first time I went back after drinking the stuff, the lab lady said I looked pale. Happily, I got a call today saying the results were normal. What a blessing. Terri had a fun back to school brunch at her house on Thursday--lots of moms eating and visiting. Lots of kids playing, too.
Anyway--this has gone too long. I post some pictures tomorrow for those who don't like to read!
Oh--and this week has gone much smoother. We have used the techniques in that book and it has gone well! Yay!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are always so good about blogging. I'm forever behind on getting updates for the same reasons. Good to read the updates and look forward to the pictures :)
You are such a good mom, your girls are so cute and so polite! It was fun to see you guys tonight!
Post a Comment