Thursday, August 27, 2009

Early Release

I survived the first early release of this school year. This morning, Ellie, Hattie and I hustled to the post office and Wal-Mart, then it was nearly time to pick them up from school. After pick-up it was a hectic day at home. It seems like I just cleaned up after everyone all day. I had wanted to take them swimming, but they chose other things (e.g. not to do their chores, etc), so we stayed home. When Brian got home, we picked his car up--hopefully for the last time from the mechanic--then stopped at Kohl's then home. Eliza and I went to Leslie's to visit her and her new little baby. She is a doll!!!!!! Love the new baby smell!

In other news--I don't want to jinx ourselves, but I think it's been almost two weeks since Ellie has had bathroom issues or we've had to clean out underwear (TMI?). That is HUGE and it has been WONDERFUL. We do a chart with her (I know--everyone has a chart but Hattie) but it has been working and she gets so excited about it. Tomorrow she gets an ice cream cone and let me tell you that is more than worth not having bathroom accidents or issues with her. It's only been a year and a half that we've been working on it, don't you think it's time?!? Now we get to move on to Hattie. Not sure I'm up for it after Ellie.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yea for Ellie!!! Hattie will be easier...I hope!

Mo said...

Oh, I am counting the days until my job as a Potty Coach are over.