




After the movie, we drove around a bit to kill some time before our next activity. We went to the "Pine Cone Drop" in downtown Flagstaff. They do one drop at 10 and one at midnight. We opted for the 10 o-clock one. It was FREEZING--just a nippy 15 degrees--but we bundled up and braved the cold. We saw the pine cone drop followed by some fireworks. Jenny and Mike went, too, and we saw them for a minute afterward. It was a fun time. We went back to the cabin after and the temp. dropped to 8 degrees! We finally got everyone into bed. Hattie thought it would be funny to wake up at 5:45 and not go back to bed. I got up with her and Ruby woke up, too, so Brian got up with her. I think she was cold, but he fed her and she went back to bed thankfully. I let Brian sleep until 9, then I switched and slept till about 10. Today the kids played a little in the snow, then we drove around Flag for a bit before heading home. It was a good time until Brian hit a cow on the way home. Dumb cow. We were about 10 minutes from home and it was dark...there was a pack of cows that crossed the road. He saw them in time and stopped. As he was getting going again, one lone, dark colored cow was crossing. He barely saw him, slammed on the brakes and swerved, but he hit it. We think he just hit the very back, but it shattered the front light cover. GRRRRR! Luckily, I guess, that was it--it could have been worse for sure, so if we had to hit it, I'm glad it was just the back end and the damage was minimal. It'll probably still be about $70 to fix, but again, it could have been worse. We are all safe, so that is good.
Happy 2010!


1 comment:
You're not having a lot of luck with your new car! Glad it wasn't worse. It was good to see you all.
Post a Comment