
Today we had our first experience with a broken anything...This morning started innocently enough with a run with some friends. I got the girls off to school and my friend brought her little boy over to play while she ran some errands. The kids were playing out back on the swingset. I heard Ellie start crying, which is not unheard of. I went out there and she was still on the ground and was holding her arm. I brought her in, put ice on it and "monitored" it for a little bit. I tried to busy myself with something but watched her out of the corner of my eye to see if she would forget and use it. I figured that would tell me if it was just hurt or if it was something more. She kept it close to her side and wouldn't move it. If I touched it, she would wince and say it hurt. After a quick call to my dr., we went to the urgent care. She has a buckle fracture on her radius and ulna. They put a partial cast on and they'll do a regular cast in about 3-5 days. She was a trooper though and did great with the x-rays and all. Poor girl!!


3 comments:
Poor Ellie. Our little daredevil!
Poor Ellie!! Hope she feels better very soon.
When I saw the picture, I said, "Oh no!" I hope she gets better soon. Poor thing.
Post a Comment