First off--Ruby...she was our basketball player. Eliza wore this costume for her first Halloween and one other girl wore it, but I can't remember who. At the last minute, Brian put together a costume as a "church basketball player" so they were kind of teammates. It was really cute actually to have them match.
Next is Hattie! A couple weeks ago, she decided on her costume--Rapunzel. She got a cute dress-up dress and instead of paying $20 for the Rapunzel wig, I decided to make one with yarn. I think it turned out pretty cute.
Ellie went as a 50's girl or if you ask her "a plootle (poodle) skirt girl." It was funny. Brian and I found this costume at Marshalls one date night. We couldn't resist it and the glasses just made it complete. She wore it well!
Libby was going to be a butterfly and had the cutest blue wings to match, but in her true manner, she ditched the wings the night of and just wore the rest of the outfit. She did put the wings on for her picture though.
Finally presenting Eliza as our iPod! This costume was fun to make and seemed to be a hit. Everyone thought it was pretty creative and fun.
I was a party pooper and didn't dress up. Eliza wanted me to wear a witch hat, but I told her I didn't need any help with that costume!
The trunk or treat was fun. First was games--fishpond, bobbing for apples,
basketball, cake walk, face painting
and sno-cones.
(don't let the apple fool you--she had more than enough candy to counteract that!)
Next we moved to the ramada for dinner--chili and hotdogs. I made white chili that actually won the award for the best white chili. The recipe I used was from My Kitchen Cafe. I used shredded chicken instead of cubed, but I guess it ended up turning out yummy. After dinner was the trick or treating, where the kids get more candy than they ever know what to do with. It was a fun night overall--everyone cooperated--even Ruby was a trooper and did great.
Brian was a chili judge. (Hopefully that is not why I won, haha.)
Once we got home, of course everyone had to assess the damage and sort and trade and eat (and eat and eat).
She ended up with the least amount of candy but has eaten the most since yesterday!
Today was kind of trick--we got into the car to go to church and I had a dead battery. Brian was already at church at meetings, so I called my neighbor. He was going to come help, but I had to get jumper cables from my across the street neighbor, then Brian came home, but between three guys, they got it started. Then my A/C was blowing warm air! I am so bugged! So we'll see what that brings tomorrow.
After church and after having my girls clean up from the morning tornado, we made and frosted sugar cookies.
(Poor Libby in this picture--one of our neighbors who came trick-or-treating dropped her little wand, so Ellie and Libby tried to track her down to return it. Well, I guess there was a boy in a scary costume with red eyes in the mask who started chasing them. They took off and got tangled in each other's feet and rolled in the street. Libby had a little road rash on her shoulder. Poor girl, but I know she'll look back and laugh on it.)
For dinner we had mummy wraps (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls) and mummy pizzas. I tried to be festive.
Happy Halloween!!


3 comments:
They all look so cute in their costumes (even Brian!)!! And you were very ambitious today making cookies! I loved how they each had their own 'spot' for sorting their candy!!
The only thing missing from Brian's costumes is some crazy injury! The girls all look SO cute.
so fun! You inspire me always. And the girls costumes are so cute/darling! Ellie looked so much like Libby in those pictures to me. I had to do a double take.
Post a Comment