




I forgot to mention the "One to Go". Someone commented that she wanted to see what I'm doing for the board meeting, so I took some pictures. Hopefully no one who is going to be there reads my blog so I don't ruin the surprises. Heck, I think only about five people read my blog, so we are okay!
My theme is "Back to School" and the invitations were done on a library card in a library pocket decorated very simply. Tomorrow night we are going to start with a dinner that is "school-ish." We are having sloppy joes (very homemade, thanks to my sister-in-law!), on homemade buns, with french fries, vegetable, capri suns, all in tray-like plates. At the end we are having dessert which will be little ice cream cups and brownies. After we eat dinner, the husbands are going to clean up and the leaders (wives) will have the "meeting" part of the night. For that I made little pocket portfolios with handouts/notes in them. I used Carol Wingert's concept from the Creative Escape class (thanks Carol!) and folded those cheap pocket folders from Target and wallpapered them with paper. I printed off the notes, folded them in half lengthwise and stuck them in. We are going to talk about four different "subjects": math (lost sheep--one and 99; budget, etc), English (reading scriptures, handbook, nouns: us, Young women, etc), science (experiment upon the word) and social studies (working the crowd at mutual and at church, not letting any girl feel alone or left out, etc). After our meeting we are going to play some getting-to-know you games with the spouses and we'll have dessert. As a favor, I covered the fronts of composition books to give to each leader.
Over the top? Probably. Fun to do and think about? For the most part. (Thanks Mom or the ideas) No, it was fun, but I will be glad when tomorrow night is over! I might be able to think a little straighter. ...Except that I have a huge writing deadline for Autumn Leaves for another book. I have to send all the projects back on Tuesday, so I will be writing furiously in every spare moment!


2 comments:
Your goodies turned out so very cute! I wish I could be in your ward YW program. I know how hard you've been working and I know it will pay off in the end. The girls will love what their leaders will learn tomorrow night. You make a mom proud!
Your goodies turned out so very cute! I wish I could be in your ward YW program. I know how hard you've been working and I know it will pay off in the end. The girls will love what their leaders will learn tomorrow night. You make a mom proud!
Post a Comment