Monday, September 25, 2006

Turning A Corner?




For the past several days, Eliza has been such a great, sweet girl. I am hoping we are turning a corner. Not that she was "bad" before, but she would definitely have her moments of slight defiance and also being mean to Libby. But lately, she has been so accommodating and helpful to me and very kind and helpful with Libby. It has been great. Who knows how long it will last, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. And when Eliza acts like that, Libby is so much easier and better behaved as well. It has been great.

Yesterday was the Primary program at church. Eliza did her part perfectly! I was nervous that she would get nervous and not do it, but she went up with her class and said her line. Her cousin, Abby, said her line, too, then as she was getting off the stand, she did a "hee hee hee" laugh. It was so funny. Today Eliza even said it was fun doing that. Tonight we are going out for ice cream to celebrate her bravery (really it was a bribe).

A couple times last week, I have enjoyed a nice cup of hot chocolate. I love that the weather is finally cooling down and fall decorations are in the stores. It puts me in the hot cocoa mood! ...not to mention that the girls have had me put on kids' Christmas songs. I love it!

This is a big/busy week. On Wednesday, we are having our Young Women in Excellence for the girls. And on Friday is the YW board meeting I have been planning and working on for the past month. I hope the ladies enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed doing it.

Happy Monday. And I had to include a cute picture of Ellie. On Saturday, she donned her first ponytail!

No comments: