Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camp and Dance Recital






It's been a week! Girls camp--The University of Eternity--was this week and I had a great time. I didn't see any mice, so that was a nice treat. There were skunks but they didn't bug me or our cabin. Of course, we saw some less than desirable bugs, but nothing that was too bothersome. We went up on Monday and did certification--the best one probably being the dance we learned. My fellow "dorm" mom and I were grooving right along with the girls. It was fun.

Tuesday was hike day. I went with the 2nd years on a 5 mile hike. It wasn't too bad and the scenery was beautiful. It was also overcast, making it great hiking weather. There was more certification in the afternoon, but my other cabin mom didn't do the hike with them, so we switched off and I got to take a shower while they were at that. Nice. It felt great! That night was the wacky talent show. There for sure were some wacky talents. The best one though was a lip sync two girls did to "Start of Something New" from High School Musical. It was so entertaining and funny. After the talent show, the stake YW presidency did a faith walk where they talked about modern day pioneers and challenged the girls to possess certain virtues in their lives.

On Wed. I went with the 2nd years to the Tonto Bridge. It was beautiful. We thought we were going to hike down a little bit to some water where the girls would play, then we'd hike out. WRONG! Instead, we hiked through the bridge and continued on about a mile or so on a rocky, rocky hike. It was a lot of fun though.

That afternoon we had some ward time, so we had little kiddie pools of water, some salt scrubs and all the stuff for them to do their own pedicure. It was relaxing and fun to be with our ward girls, since we were all mixed up for camp. Then we assembled hygiene kits for humanitarian service. That night was Bishop's night where the bishops of each ward came up. The did a little "game show" where they showed pictures of each one when they were younger and they had to guess which one it was. After that we separated into wards and had testimony meeting and dessert that our Bishop brought up. Yum!

Thursday morning we got up, cleaned and left. I got home by 10:45 so that was nice. It was great to be home and see my girls and Brian. They did great while I was gone and Brian had fun with them. I came home to a clean house, too.

Friday night was Eliza and Libby's big performance of their mini musical "Magic." For the past 2 weeks, they've been practicing an hour a day. It was such a darling show. So, so cute! When the curtain opened, I thought Libby was going to run off the stage and cry--she looked so scared and had a quivering chin. But the music started and she got into it. Eliza was such a star and knew every move and was such an animated dancer. She did her line perfectly, too. The funniest part for me was when they did a move we call the "Perry," based on something Brad Perry from channel 3 does. Eliza did it perfectly; it was hilarious. You'd think I had taught her or something (wink, wink!). Actually my dad does it, too, and I'm sure she took some pointers from him! :) I was so proud of them, though. Libby did so well. She was excited and it looked like she had a lot of fun dancing on stage. I was so proud that she got up there and did that. For her, that is a big accomplishment. Brian had a Rush concert that night, so I had gotten a babysitter for Ellie and Hattie. So after the recital, Eliza, Libby and I went to dinner at On the Border. It was fun to spend time with them.







Today we did a few errands and our girls helped us pack for our trip. We also got to go to our new church building to put my stuff in the young women's closet. It is a beautiful building. And it's so nice being only less than 3 minutes from our house.

That's all for now!

No comments: