Sunday, July 08, 2007

Friday-Sunday

Friday:
We spent part of the day cleaning--I like going into the weekend with a clean house. That night Brian and I went on our date. We checked Old Navy and got some school clothes for Eliza, then we had to get a couple items at Costco. Dinner was at Elephant Bar, then we walked around at Cibola Vista just to relax a little and so I could get some good spots to do some photo shoots there.

Saturday:
We did some things around the house. Eliza and I went to Kohls. They had a ton of clearance...I picked up some shirts for my girls for like $2.50. I got some capris for $6.50. Fun! Then we went to Wal-Mart for some groceries and for stuff for girls camp.

That afternoon we all went over to the resort to swim. They were having hotdogs, chips and lemonade, so we picked up an early dinner. We had a lot of fun there.

Sunday:
Today started early for me at my meeting before church. Brian is so good about getting all our girls ready and bringing them to church. He is amazing. Church went well. We didn't have to go out with anyone, so that is always a good day! I taught in young womens. The lesson was about sustaining missionaries through letters. I thought that was perfect for me to give since I did that for two years (or so I hope!) while Brian was in Venezuela.

This afternoon we went to my parents' house for dinner. Actually though, we had breakfast for dinner. That is always a fun change. The kids had a great time playing and got along great. Ellie has just been so cute lately. ...Saying thank you after everything or "yah" when she wants to do something. She is just a joy--as are the other three. Hattie was laughing this afternoon when my sister-in-law was holding her. ...that cute baby belly laugh. I love it. Of course, when I brought out the camera, she stopped! Libby is such a sweetcake. She can be stubborn, but if you just give her some time, she'll conform and share a toy or whatever it might be. She has a funny sense of humor, too, that we get a kick out of. Eliza is so caring and sensitive. She definitely has her difficult times and does things that make me want to pull my hair out, but Brian and I spent all of dinner talking about her and ideas of what we can do. The past two days have been a big improvement. She is also so creative and loves to do art. She is also surprising me with her desire to read and how well she is doing sounding out words.

Eliza did say a funny tonight. Her lesson in church was about missionary work and she had put her scriptures in her little purse and her teacher had given her a little sticker that looked like a missionary tag. She put that on the outside of her purse. Well, tonight she said, "Can we go to Jesus.com?" I was thinking--is that even a website, how did she hear about it, etc.... I said, "What's that? What is on that?" She said, "I just want to learn more about Jesus." Ha! I guess she thinks/knows you can get information off the Internet so I guess Jesus.com would have info about Him. It was a good laugh. I guess you had to be there.

Happy week!

No comments: