Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fireside and Pasta Dinner

I forgot to mention the youth fireside we had on Sunday night. Actually Becky tells all about it on her blog. She talked a little bit about the importance of keeping journals, then had each person fill out a little written time capsule. It was a fun and easy way to document who we are at this moment. I think the kids enjoyed it and it was something different.

Today was full of paint fumes at our house. He got most everything painted and most of the tile down. It sure is taking shape!


Tonight I made one of my favorite dinners--Garlic Chicken Pasta. I love it because it can be eaten warm (which we did for dinner), then I usually have the leftovers cold. Yum! My friend Karolyn gave me the recipe and I love to make it! Libby even loves it--she had 2 servings tonight. Here is the recipe:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPER YUMMY GARLIC CHICKEN PASTA

1 (16-oz.) pkg. Farfalle pasta (bowties)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
2-3 cloves garlic or dash of garlic salt
1 T. pepper
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon (baked in oven at 400, then crumbled)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 (12-oz.) Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice


Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Boil pasta. Cut chicken ( I do with kitchen scissors). Melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add pasta, chicken and bacon and toss together. Serve immediately and ENJOY!

Today Eliza and Libby started a mini-musical workshop. A girl who just graduated from college puts it on every year and teaches a small group of girls some songs with dance and they put on a show at the end of the 2 weeks. I can't wait to see it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

I occasionally check in on your blog to see how you guys are doing. Sounds like you guys are well. Thanks for posting the recipe--we'll try it for dinner tomorrow night. Hello from the Elcocks in Utah!!