Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Better Night

Luckily last night was a much better night. She woke up once to go the bathroom and then somehow both she and Eliza ended up in our bed. When I noticed, Brian had already bailed and went to Eliza's bed. But Libby slept great, so we were thrilled about that. Today Libby and Ellie were busy-bodies and kept me busy all day!!! After we picked Eliza up, her friend Katie came over and played until about 6. I used one of my million jars of Ragu and made spaghetti. It's probably our favorite meal and my favorite to make for some reason. Recently my mom got me a Mix N Chop from Pampered Chef and I used it for the first time tonight. I LOVE IT!!! I usually use a wooden spoon to break up the meat when cooking it. But this breaks it up and mixes it around so easily. I would recommend getting one! We also used one of our million cans of vegetables. Last week Frys had Green Giant vegetables 3 for $1. I price matched at Wal-Mart and bought, um, 67 cans last night. We are going to have to reinforce the pantry shelves. While I am on the topic--Skippy peanut butter is on sale for $1 at Albertsons. I am going to stock up on that--that'll be one of our food storage staples. Quaker breakfast stuff is also on sale for $1.

Tonight was mutual. For the first hour, the laurels "heart attacked" the bishop's office and made him a candy-gram on a poster board. The last 1/2 hour the moms joined us--Eliza and Libby came, too--and we practiced singing "Daughter of a King." It sounds amazing. Talk about goosebumps!!! I am so excited for the program! Libby and I made chocolate chip cookies today and we served those for the treats tonight.

No comments: