that kids are sicker at night than during the day? Libby had a rough night last night (I did, too!). She was fine when Brian put her to bed, but about two hours later, she woke up and was burning up, had a dry, seal-barking cough that was painful. At one time her fever was up to 102.8. I slept in Eliza's bed and was up nearly every hour with her. A couple hours after she was up this morning, though, her fever was gone and she was doing better. But when I put her to bed tonight, she started feeling hot again! I don't get it. Today Brian came home after his 9 o'clock appointment so I could take Libby to the doctor. She cried and whined when I told her we were going to go. I told her it would be fine and they would just listen to her breathe and probably give us some medicine so she would feel better. I told her not to worry because they wouldn't give her any shots. (She was scared she would have to get shots like last time when she was immunized). We went to the doctor and she checked her out and said it was croup and that she would give her a steroid shot!!!!!!!!!!! I felt sooooo bad!!! I apologized to Libby and told her I was wrong. She was so brave though and didn't even cry until it was all over. After the doctor we stopped at Target to get her a Lunchable for lunch and a treat.
I was able to get some work done since Brian was home. The girls had a great time with him home. Libby did get a great nap in today--sleeping from 2 until about 5:30.
Let's hope tonight is better than last night. I can't do another night of so little sleep!
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
gosh.. sick kids are so hard. I feel like because I'm the mommy I have to make it all better... sorry to hear about the shot.. yikes. Hopefully things start improving.
Post a Comment