Friday, October 05, 2007

Keeping Busy

We've been keeping busy the past couple of days.
--Tuesday was early release, so we picked Eliza up at 11:40.
--Went straight to Brian's office so I could have a conference call with Stacy and an upcoming teacher for BPS. I think it'll be announced next week. The class sounds so inspiring and fun! The call took longer than I expected, so Brian and Aleeda corralled the girls for a long while! Brian ended up leaving with Hattie and Ellie. Ellie was getting into everything!!!
--Went home and Ellie took a nap. In the afternoon we went out front to play. A few of the neighbors were out so all the kids were playing together. Eliza and Libby both had fun driving some of the power wheels. Ellie rode while Eliza drove, then Eliza got out and Ellie scooted over to drive. At first I was thinking, "She is too little to drive." Then I figured...what the heck. So I was helping her learn how to push the gas. I walked right next to her and helped steer as she went. She was having way too much fun! She did not want to go inside for dinner.
--Brian came home and we had leftover spaghetti, then I headed to a presidency meeting followed by a stake leadership training meeting.
--Today Libby woke up with a fever!!! So she had to stay home from preschool again. Poor girl!! I've been giving her Motrin and we've kept it at bay today.
--After Hattie's morning nap, we loaded up and went to my parents' house. My mom helped me set some eyelets for the invitations for the young women retreat next month. I am so excited about it. I hope the girls enjoy it. I had this idea to do drawings throughout the event and have been spending a lot of time trying to get donations. They are slowing starting to trickle in and I've already got some amazing things the girls could win! It'll be exciting.
--This evening we dropped our van off to get the oil changed, then grabbed Cafe Rumba for dinner. We brought Brian, Ellie and Hattie home and Eliza, Libby and I had a mom/daughter date. We went to a fashion show for Beautifully Modest dresses. A young women in another ward put it together and had several other young women model the dresses. They were very pretty dresses and my girls really enjoyed watching them walk down the catwalk! It was in a backyard, but they had "catwalk" stage set up. I had to laugh--if you know Libby, 6 out of 7 days she is wearing orange it seems. She LOVES orange. She didn't say anything during the fashion show until a girl came out wearing an orange dress and she turned to me and said, "Oooo, that's pretty!!!" I had to chuckle! There was also a pink one she really liked, too.
--After the fashion show, we stopped at Wal-Mart (peanut butter and cake mixes) and Frys (powerade and pink M&Ms). It was a fun date!

Tomorrow I am looking forward to watching General Conference. Then I have engagement photos to take in the evening.
Until then!!

1 comment:

maccam said...

Hi Erin. This is Cammy Moffat (Laura and Jenny cuz) I came across your blog by accident through Emali's. You're family is so cute! You are busy girl! Good luck with all that YW stuff. That is such a fun, but exhausting calling. You are an angel!