Today is Hattie's first birthday!! This morning was school and preschool. I tried to give Hattie a nap, but she wasn't going for it. So we packed up and did some errands. We went to Costco, JoAnn's and Wal-Mart, then picked up Libby from preschool. We stayed busy by hurrying home and eating lunch, then I did some visiting teaching. I had to drop something off at Connie's house because she is going out of town, then I got to visit with Jessie. I felt bad having to bring my girls, so I didn't stay too long! We were finally done with our errands, so we came home and Hattie took a long, much needed nap! Ellie took a nap later, then Hattie woke up. It's hard when they flip flop like that! Eliza played after school at a friend's house and came home around 4. When she walked in I could tell something was wrong, and she burst into tears and said, "Katie might have broken her arm again!!" So they were on their way to urgent care. Eliza was so sad thinking her friend might have a broken arm. We found out later that it wasn't broken, but Eliza's caring was so sweet. She kept asking me to call her mom to see how she was and she wanted to take her dinner. Eliza really is caring and concerned for others.
After Brian got home, we scarfed down dinner, then did cake with Hattie. She knew exactly what she was supposed to do. She dove right in and started eating the cake! Somehow (I can't recall now how) she got a fork and seemed to know what to do with it! She was a MESS!!!! So it was straight to the bath and into her new jammies. Aren't they cute?!?! I love the green trim. She had the pants on tonight, but the shorts that go with them are so darling! She opened her gift (a little Leap Frog learning bus thing). After 4 girls, you kind of run out of things to get that we don't already have.

I grabbed the camera and took some 1 year shots of Hattie B.





I had to hurry off to mutual where I taught the laurels about photography. I think they all enjoyed it and learned some things they didn't know about their camera. I just hope I don't get a migraine from all the flashes! I didn't even think about it before!
I can't believe Hattie is already one! It has flown by--although it has felt like she has been here forever! We love having her in our family. She brightnes up a room when she is there!
1 comment:
What sweet girls! Eliza for her caring, Libby for her loving to help, Ellie for her sweet smile and Hattie for being so patient! What a bunch of lucky sisters to have each other!
Post a Comment