Saturday, March 29, 2008

End of Spring Break

Spring Break Day 5: First a sad update on the cow. The mom didn't make it either. I guess they are both together now, but how sad! And it was a total loss as they couldn't butcher her either because the baby was dead inside of her for so long.

On Friday morning, Brian got all packed up and ready for the last exciting event of spring break: a father/daughter camp out. My brother (Brian) and his two kids went, too. They picked up Eliza and Libby at his parents, then they were off. They went to the Superstition Mountains. They did a drive, then camped out for the night. Dinner was roasted hot dogs and s'mores. This morning they had breakfast, did a little more driving and some hiking. They all seemed to have a great time.








The last day of spring break was my first day of potty training with Ellie. That is what we did while they were off camping. My parents came over on Friday to help entertain Hattie so I could focus all my attention on Ellie. Things are going okay--mediocre, but I am not going back. I am going to keep with it until she gets it. I bought an e-book I found online about potty-training and it's quite similar to what I have done with both girls so far, but she did give a few other suggestions in her book that I am trying. She has had more accidents than successes, but I can tell she is learning. I'll be so thrilled when she gets it and we're done! But I am so so tired of following her around and asking, "Are your panties dry? Let mommy know when you need to go potty."

Tonight I got a little break when I went to the General Young Women's Broadcast. It was a great meeting...all the talks were great. I especially loved one of the stories that Susan Tanner shared. I can't wait until the transcripts come out.

Here is to day three of potty training!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the kids (and dads!) all had a great time on their camping trip!!!

Kar said...

you deserve a halo for the potty training, I am not even attempting until next year, my kids take soooo long, especially boys! keep at it, she will get it and then no more swim diapers for her!!! Think of all the $$ on that alone!