Friday, March 07, 2008

Week in Review

On Tuesday my visiting teachers came over in the morning to help me paint some boards for my motherhood class I did last night. I enjoyed visiting and painting! Thanks Leslie and Danielle! :) It was a big help!

That night my parents took Eliza and Libby to Vistancia's book fair with Abby and Dallin. I snuck off to get a pedicure (much needed!) and to get some groceries at Wal-Mart.

Wednesday night was free burritos at Chipotle because they are just opening, so we got there at about 4:50 and the line was long! We waited. I left with Hattie while Brian waited with the other girls, but we ended up having to leave so I could get to mutual. So sad! Eliza was devastated. A little over dramatic but sad nonetheless! Our stake president's daughter is getting married this weekend and the reception is in their yard, so the priests and laurels went over and did some yard work. We basically shoveled rocks and dirt and smoothed out the areas on either side of the road. I am surprise I'm not sore. I thought for sure I would wake up the next morning so sore from all the shoveling, but I was ok!

Thursday was early release, so we picked up Eliza and came back home for lunch. My mom and sister-in-law and her kids were over to eat lunch, so we all enjoyed lunch together. After they left, I loaded everyone up and checked out Home Goods. It is a way fun store. My girls were so well behaved (I was so happy with them) but I still want to go back when I have more time to look more slowly. We stopped by Frys on the way home to get some sale items for food storage (canned vegetables 3 for $1.00 just to name one). Then it was home again. That night was a fundraiser for Eliza's school at Chipotle, so we told them we'd try again! We only had a slight wait last night and were able to eat there. Yum! I had the carnitas burrito. I liked it. And so did Ellie and Hattie!!

Last night was my big enrichment activity that I have been planning for a while. It came about as one of my value projects for Personal Progress that I am doing because of serving in Young Women's. I wanted to do a motherhood class where people would come share ideas, then I would give a little blurb about motherhood as a boost before they left. I had about 20 ladies come and it went great! First we went around the group and everyone shared one or two of their best mothering ideas or what works for them. There were so many great ideas shared; I can't want to implement many of them. At the end I shared some of my thoughts on motherhood. I had to leave a lot out because the sharing took way longer than I thought, but that was okay because everyone really enjoyed that part. I ended my part with a slide show I put together of pictures of the kids of most everyone who was there. I had them e-mail me pictures in advance, then put them together. I used the song "Every Moment" by Joy Williams. So touching and makes all the hard days of motherhood seem worth it! I emphasized that "mothers matter" and all that we do as mothers does really matter. I made each person a board with vinyl that says mothers matter that they could put up where they'll see it to remind them.



I made pretzel bites for refreshments. They are so addicting!

This time I used Hugs and the eggs M&Ms--think a regular M&M but a bigger sized one! YUM!

In house news, our room is done!!! Well, all except the cabinets and such. But structurally it's done! Yeah! We are happy with how it all turned out and came together. Now on to the cabinets! I need some ideas. We've gotten a few bids on cabinets for what we want in there and it's a bit pricier than we were hoping to spend. Does anyone have any other ideas? We are trying to brainstorm other pre-made furniture pieces we could use instead of wall cabinets along with other work surfaces. We aren't having much luck. I'm so antsy though because I don't want the room to just sit there without being able to use it!



This is what happens when Ellie thinks she can feed Hattie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Hattie! I'll bet she thought she was in heaven with all those Fruit Loops! I love your room!!!!