Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BBQ

Yesterday morning my parents came over and my mom and I made bread. We had three little helpers. My mom had bought mini loaf pans so each of them got to make their own mini loaf of bread, which they loved doing. They were so proud of them and I have to admit, they turned out so cute!



Brian came home a little after lunch time so we got to enjoy some time with him. Around 4 Brian's side of the family came over for a little Memorial Day get-together and BBQ. Everyone brought their own meat and a salad, which worked out well. After everyone ate, Rob busted out his "games." The first was to put a piece of gum on a plate, then cover it with whipped cream. Without hands, you had to find the gum and whoever blew the first bubble was the winner. Eliza had so much fun doing it. I got roped into it and I didn't even win! It was entertaining and more fun to watch. The next activity, which Chrystalyn and I and Rob did, was what I'll call "the art of bubble blowing." Rob is quite the master bubble blower and has learned some very technical tips. So first we each "soaked" 10 pieces of gum and did a very technical soaking process to get rid of the sugar in the gum (Double Bubble). After the gum was ready, we started trying to blow a big bubble. Rob got the biggest, then Chrystalyn and coming in dead last was me! But it was fun to try.













This morning summer officially started. We got up and got right on the chores, then it was off to swimming lessons! Ellie, Libby and Eliza all started today with a lady who is in my parents' ward. Eliza and Libby did great--Eliza has already started learning strokes. I was way impressed with her breast stroke already. Libby was quiet, but did well. Ellie cried in between her turns, but I think she'll do well and make lots of progress this year. After lessons were over we stopped at my parents and cleaned out their cupboards (a.k.a. ate lunch!). Libby played 5 card games with my mom and loved that.

After we got home it was naps (tried at least) and played out back. Tonight I had volleyball and Brian came to watch since it was my last week. It went well and I don't think I embarrassed myself with him there. We won all our games tonight and our ward "won" the whole season, which basically meant we won the most games during the season.

Hope day 2 of swimming goes well (hope I can get Ellie in the car!).

No comments: