Friday, May 09, 2008

Three Piggy Opera

For a while Libby has been looking forward to the play they are doing at preschool: "The Three Piggy Opera." She kept asking when it was and counting down the days. And today was the big day. When she was getting dressed, she made sure she wore all pink because she was the mama pig in the play. I dropped Hattie off at Kari's and I took Ellie (still had a fever up until this morning) with me to Miss Laura's house. When we got there, the kids were still upstairs. When they came down, I could tell Libby was going to be very, very shy. She wouldn't put on her costume. I couldn't convince her to put it on and she tried to hide. She even looked like she was going to cry.

She ended up sitting by me during the entire play. It just kills me that she is so excited and wants to do it so badly, but when it comes down to it, she is so shy! I almost got teary right along with her! But the play was really cute. After it was over each kid gave his or her mom a poem that each had written. Once again, I was fighting the tears away. Here is what Libby wrote for me (you'll have to click on it to read it):


I had video taped the play and when we got home, Libby watched it several times and was singing along! Laura said during all the practices, Libby totally did great. Oh well!

This morning Brian left for Father's and Son's--he went with his dad, my brother and nephew, then his other two brothers and 2 brothers-in-law were meeting them up there tonight. This evening, I met up with my parents to drop off Eliza and Libby for a sleepover. I got a sitter for Ellie and Hattie while Kari and I went to a school talent show to see one of our young women sing and dance. It was cute. Then I did a couple errands and came home.

No comments: