Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday at Lake George


Today after we got up and ready we took a horse and buggy ride around the hotel property. Eliza even got to drive the horses for a time. She really enjoyed that and was pleased with herself that she got to drive. The buggy driver even hopped off to take this photo as we were going...


We grabbed Subway for lunch and came back and ate at the picnic tables out by the playground. The girls played there for a bit, then they spent a couple hours in the TeePee club at the hotel. It's a kids club they have and they were in heaven with all the crafts! That is what they did all the time they were there. They did craft collages, those melting bead things, painting, necklaces, etc. In order for Ellie to go, we had to get a babysitter through the hotel for her. So the babysitter just played with Ellie in there with Eliza and Libby. We put them in the TeePee club because Brian wanted to go kayaking and I wanted to get something done at the spa. Well, Brian went kayaking but there were no spa appointments during that time. So I changed my clothes and went running at the fitness center. Brian had a great time kayaking and decided he wants to get one to take out on the lake at home. After we were both done, we had an hour before we had to pick the girls up so we went to some shops and looked around. I found a charm for my charm bracelet.

We picked the girls up and Brian took them swimming while I went to the spa and got my late birthday or mother's day gift (I can't remember) and a little early anniversary gift--a facial. It was very nice--I loved the foot and hand massage, too. I didn't like the "deep pore extraction" as it says in the description of the facial. It HURT! It was all I could do to not turn around and squeeze the esthetician's face between my fingernails and see how she liked it. She even had the nerve to tell me as she was prying my face apart, "You made my day." What??? "That is our favorite thing to do." I am glad I could make her day at the price of feeling like my face was never going to be the same. The part before and after felt great though. And my face glistened when she was done (and wasn't all mangled like I thought it would be based on the pain of her "extracting").

We regrouped and went into the Village of Lake George for dinner and had Mexican food. They have a bunch of street vendors and Eliza got her hair wrapped. Libby didn't want hers done. :(


We headed back and went to the EJ family activity--s'mores. Yum! Then it was back to the room for bed. Another fun, busy day!

No comments: