



Today after Hattie's morning nap, we went over to my mom's to help her put together some handouts for Sunday. Then we went down to the school where my dad is doing the summer program and we got to have some ice cream. I think the older three girls had a couple of ice cream "novelties" and Hattie and I shared a a yummy mint brownie ice cream sandwich. It was delightful.
After indulging in ice cream, we came home and Ellie and Hattie napped while I worked on young women stuff, then Libby wanted me to play Polly Pockets with her. So we spent over an hour dressing all the Pollies and putting shoes on them.
After Brian got home, we went to El Pollo Loco for dinner. After a crazy, LONG experience in the drive through there one night (over 30 minutes) they sent me a $10 gift certificate for my trouble, so we used those. Then we spent a little time at Target before coming home. I oriented my two new young women leaders who are over personal progress and Brian took Eliza and Libby out so they could see the fireworks that they shoot off from the lake. Libby said today, "I like fireworks now." For the past couple of years she has shied away and not wanted to be around for the fireworks, so I am excited for her to see them!


No comments:
Post a Comment