I've been at my wit's end for about the past three months. First--Hattie--she is sooooooo clingy to me. Seriously, I am holding her most of the day. When I put her down, she cries! Yeah, I know, tough love is in order but I just haven't wanted to do it yet. Even when someone else offers to hold her, she still just wants me. It wears on me and wears me out. I just want her to walk around and play. She does fine if I am not around--she'll totally go to others and not have to be held.
The other thing that is about to wear me out is potty training. And don't continue to read if potty training lingo and descriptions gross you out. I am only writing about this to A--get it down because one day (soon I hope) I'll look back at this experience and laugh (hopefully) and B--maybe someone can help me.
We've been potty training Ellie since the very end of March and she has the pee part down wonderfully. It's the fun (not) #2 stuff that we are dealing with. She has had some success, but it's rare and sporadic. To get graphic...she doesn't indicate that she has gone poop (can I just tell you how much I hate that word) until after her panties are dirty (nothing in them but just like where it has touched). Then in her bottom is a little piece that is just sitting there. So we go to the potty and she sits down and basically it just falls out. We go through that routine about 5-8 times a day. It's been about 3 months--I wonder if maybe she doesn't know that it is coming out...Hmmm... That is what I am worried about. So it's not like she has one big accident..seems like I could deal with that and tell when she is going. But it's not like that. Anyway...I am on the last straw. Got any ideas? I just feel so bad because she is just so sweet and I'll be so frustrated and annoyed and as I'm helping her get cleaned up, she'll sweetly say, "Thank you, Mom." How can I be upset at that?!? But I've read lots of articles, searched on-line, read potty training message board, gotten books on-line, prayed about it, etc. I hope we can figure this out soon!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment