Monday, July 14, 2008

Last Day and Coming Home

On Saturday, we got up and ready, then went on a short little nature hike right by the hotel. It was along the edge of the lake and was so pretty with all the trees and greenery. The girls liked looking for acorns and pretty leaves.






After our little hike, we boarded our boat for our lunch cruise. The boat was called the Morgan and it was an old time boat that the hotel does lunch and dinner cruises on. We were going to go on Thursday, but one of the wholesalers from Goldman Sachs invited us to go on Saturday so we did that instead (plus he was paying!). We ate lunch soon after we got on—it was a buffet of salads, sandwiches and soup. For dessert there was carrot cake, mini cheesecakes, whoopee pies and fruit tarts. Yum! After we ate, we went up on the top of the boat and enjoyed most of the rest of the cruise from up there. The lake is 32 miles long and is just massive! It’s just beautiful, too. It’s surrounded by trees and lush greenery. We saw lots of boaters and people camping on tiny remote islands on the lake. I would love to do that!







Soon enough, we arrived back at the hotel and got in our swimming suits. We went to Happy Jack Kids! store and let the girls pick out a souvenir from our trip. Ellie got goggles for swimming, Libby picked a Curious George stuffed animal (so she can remember Lake George) and Eliza got a pair of green Crocs with a sailboat “charm” thing you can put in one of the holes. Libby picked out a Tweety Bird “charm” thing for Hattie’s Crocs. After the store, we swam inside again and Brian swam in the lake for a little bit for one last swim.

After swimming we got ready for our farewell dinner. We all got dressed up and headed down to the Bellvue ballroom for dinner. The kids had a buffet of salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese, French fries, fruit, cookies, etc. and the adults got salads, yummy vegetables, au gratin potatoes (which were my favorite of the meal—so good!), turkey, pork or salmon. The highlights of dessert were pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate peanut butter torte. There was a DJ at the dinner and Eliza and Libby had a BLAST!!! Eliza met a friend from Tipp City, OH, so they danced and played around a while. They had a mummy contest where you wrapped someone in toilet paper—they loved that. Then they had tons of fun playing with all the toilet paper the rest of the night. Libby would gather up a bunch, then throw it on me. I couldn’t believe it and if you know Libby’s personality, you’ll be surprised, too, but she actually did the Cha Cha slide with me when they played it! It was so much fun and I was glad to see her getting into it. After that, she was twirl around in her dress and just had a great time. Brian went back to the room with Ellie who (no surprise) was having bathroom issues, so Eliza, Libby and I stayed for a while and enjoyed the music and dancing.







When we had had enough dancing, I dropped Eliza off at the room and Libby and I went to a little corner store for some donuts for breakfast, then we went to Happy Jacks—a cute little store—they have one with adult clothes and a store just for kids. I had seen these really cute Croc shoes and went in to see if I wanted to get them. I tried them on but just decided to wait. In the store, Libby found some reading glasses and had so much fun trying them on and getting her picture taken!





Soon enough we were back in the room and sleeping!

Yesterday morning we just packed up, drove around a while since our flight didn't leave until 4:30. We saw the state capitol and downtown area then we grabbed a bite to eat and went to the airport. When we got there our flight was delayed until 5:45 I think. Ok--that wasn't too bad--we were still okay to make our connecting flight in Atlanta to Phoenix. Then it went down hill from there! It was delayed till 6:30 then 7:15 then 7:30 and finally I think we left at 8. We were late because the plane we were to get on was late and because of the weather we were supposed to fly into. We got to Atlanta and holy cow--that is the craziest airport I've ever seen. It was a madhouse! Our connecting plan was late thank goodness, so we still made our flight which left around 11:45 I think. The flight home was miserable to put it lightly. One of my girls decided on this trip that she only likes to use the bathroom at our house or our hotel room. So she was a wreck. I tell you--if I have one more bathroom issue I think I will crumble! We finally made it to our car at about 2 this morning and got home around 2:30. YUCK!! I thought everyone would sleep in but they were up at 8. We hurried and got ready and went over to Brian's parents' to pick up Hattie. WE were all so excited to see her. When she saw us, she just kind of stared at us like...are you really here?!?!? It was funny. But she is happy to be home.

We hurried back to swim lessons this morning and now we are trying to get back in the groove and trying to do some laundry.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Love the pics. When do I get a private showing of all the rest of them??