On Monday, it was our 8th anniversary! It surely doesn't seem like 8 years. It has gone so fast! It was really a low key celebration since we just got home and had had a fun trip. After family home evening, we had ice cream sundaes for the treat, so that was fun.
Sheesh--I can't remember what we did this week. We had swimming lessons 3 days. They are all having fun with that. Wednesday night was mutual--we cut out sleeping masks for Camp Rainbow. One day my mom and I made bread. I met with my fellow cabin mom for girls camp, went visiting teaching, went grocery shopping...etc. etc.
On Thursday night, we took the girls to pick out backpacks for school. We had one rule and that was to get a Jansport backpack. Last year they picked out Hello Kitty ones at Kohls and they totally fell apart about mid-way through the year. So they got Jansport and will keep them for several years (that is the plan at least). Then I took Eliza and Libby to Target and got all their school supplies. They had fun picking things out. We ended the night at Baskin Robbins for a treat. They want to make that a back-to-school tradition. I am totally game for that!




On Friday, we went to Old Navy and took full advantage of their half off clearance sale. I totally loaded up on mainly t-shirts for my girls. At $1.50, I couldn't pass it up! We got out of there with about 50 items at such a good deal. In the afternoon, I picked up my niece Sara and she came over and helped me out. She is learning how to babysit as she'll be starting to do that soon, so she is "practicing" with my girls. It was a dream. I was actually able to get some things done. I could get used to it. Then in the evening Sarah came over and Brian and I headed out for a little anniversary trip. Kind of a vacation after our vacation. I didn't find out what we were doing until Thursday night. We went up to his parents' cabin in Mund's Park for a relaxing day. We first drove to Flag to get a couple things at Wal-Mart and to pick up some sheets from his sister's house. Then we went to the cabin. We got there late, and just ate some ice cream and read. I stocked up on magazines at Wal-Mart and was in heaven! I haven't done that is so long!
We slept in a little in the morning. At first I woke up at 6:30 and thought, "You've got to be kidding me!! Sleep in, darn it!" I eventually fell back to sleep for a little bit. We got up and ready and read a little more before heading back in to Flagstaff. We went to Old Navy again and found mostly clothes for Brian--$5 shorts and jeans. Score! Then we drove around for a little bit, explored and finally found a little Mexican cantina for lunch. We shopped a bit after at the little downtown shops, did a self-tour at the Riordan Mansion which was fun. On the tour we learned that some people think that the Ponderosa Pines smell sweet like vanilla or butterscotch. I totally agree! It smelled really good. The weather was so great up there--such a nice change from here!







Before long we headed back to Mund's Park, gathered our things and headed up home. We stopped in Camp Verde from Dairy Queen, then came home. We got into some REALLY hard rain. We couldn't hardly see. We saw an SUV that had just barely rolled over coming down off the mountain. There were lots of people stopped to help, but it sure made your heart jump. We made it home around 7:30. Everyone who was still awake was glad to see us!


2 comments:
It is scary driving in the rain. After our accident, I always tense up.
I'm glad you had a good time and that we had such great weather this weekend. The Riordan Mansion is fun to visit, huh? I used to volunteer there playing the piano.
Sounds like a fun trip!! It is beautiful up there. How nice to have a cabin to escape to.
You are good to already have backpacks and school supplies. We got new school shoes this morning, but have yet to venture out for the backpacks. I have to do these things in steps - just picking out shoes with three boys about did me in. :-)
Post a Comment