Sunday, September 28, 2008

Broadcast

On Saturday morning, Brian went hiking. After he got home and I got ready, I went to a baby shower. After I got home, Kamille brought their kids over to play. I had told her and Brian (my brother) that we would watch their kids while they went out and did something. I think Kamille ended up going shopping or something by herself because Brian had a paper to write for school. But the kids had fun playing. After Hattie went down for her nap, I took Luke and Ellie to a boutique that Karlee was in. I needed a new scripture case so badly--mine had gotten some sort of mysterious stain on it that wouldn't come off. So I decided to get one of her little bags for my scriptures. After getting home, I made dinner for everyone--a really exciting chicken nuggets and mac & cheese--then I was off with Kari to the women's broadcast. My favorite talk of the night was President Uchtdorf. It was inspiring and I thougth it was interesting that he talked about the importance of being creative and using our creativity to bless ourselves and to bless others. After it was over, we went into the cultural hall for fondue and socializing. It was all so delicious--Kari and I wandered around eating cheese fondue and a super yummy caramel dip. We were ready to leave around 7 PM, but we wanted our kids to be in bed when we got home, so we went to some shops by Target and also went to Target and leisurely walked around. It was a lot of fun to just relax and visit. When I got home the oldest two were still awake, but they went to bed soon after.

Today was the kids' primary program at church. My parents came and so did Brian's mom. It went well and was cute like always. Eliza did great saying her line. Libby--as expected--didn't say hers. But she did sit with her class and stood up when everyone sang (even though she didn't sing). I could tell she really wanted to but was a bit too shy. The rest of church went well--Brian gave a great lesson about general conference--the history, what to expect and how we can get the most out of it. After church, we had a presidency meeting, then we rushed over to Brian's parents' for dinner. It seemed extra loud over there today, but everyone had fun and dinner was good.

Here's to another new week ahead!

No comments: