Saturday morning Brian went with Ellie to her gymnastics class. We weren't able to go on Wednesday, so this was the make up class. They had fun and Ellie especially had fun in class. Most of the morning and afternoon I spent at home with Hattie while Brian went to get his bike looked at which broke on his ride on Thursday. Hopefully it'll be able to be fixed as opposed to having to get a new bike. Later in the afternoon, I took pictures of Monique's darling 7 month old. She didn't offer many smiles, but we did get some cute shots.



Sunday I had a meeting then church. I was out in the hall with Hattie more than normal, but it was nice being able to have her go into nursery after Sacrament was over. I got to go into Brian's class again which was nice. I always learn so much. The lesson was about the final judgment and what I took away is that it's not like it's this one last, final judgment at the end, but we have checkpoints all the time to help us "judge" how we are doing (e.g. partaking of the sacrament, interviews with the Bishop, temple recommend interview, etc.). In young womens, Shelly taught about scripture study and something she made me think about was when she asked what it means to study something in school...well, it means to really know it...to make notes and review and memorize and read, etc. Then she asked if that is how we "study" our scriptures. Yikes...I need to do better!
After church we had a little gathering where the new people can come and meet the auxiliary leaders and get to know people a little better. Then we went home and made dessert for dinner. My parents and Brian and Kamille and family came over for dinner.
Yesterday was the usual--school and what not. After school we had gymnastics for Eliza and Libby. Libby got to go into Eliza's class to see if she should move up. I am not sure she'll stay in that class, but she was able to keep up. Eliza thinks it's fun that they were in the same class. After dinner we had family home evening and we talked about our family mission plan--as encouraged by the ward missionaries who came over last week. It was cute to hear the girls' ideas for what we could do.
Today was my early day up since Brian went bike riding. He said he was the only one that went this morning, so he was able enjoy it a little more and even do some hiking. I am always so productive on my early mornings--cleaning up, doing laundry, dishwasher, etc. The girls got ready early for school, so they got to color a while before their ride came. Today was bread day--Ellie was loving it. Hattie enjoyed it for a while (I found I can hold her and make bread--what a talent), then she whined for me to go in her room and put her down. Funny. After that was all done, I was able to get some "to do" list items done--pick up dry cleaning that had been there since...uhem the end of July, get stuff to mail some things off, grocery store, etc. We picked up the girls from school and Carson came over to play a bit and Eliza had a friend come over, too, so that was fun for them. Karolyn was so kind and brought dinner over, so that was much appreciated and I didn't have to think about dinner all day. It was great.
That's all for today!


No comments:
Post a Comment