On Saturday we stayed around the house until lunch time, when we went to Sam's Club for lunch (Kari, we are copying you!). We enjoyed hot dogs, drinks and a pretzel for me. I even saw a friend from high school there with her mom. It was fun to see her and say hi. We walked around the store a little bit and my girls enjoyed looking at the Halloween decorations. We ended our little excursion by getting a few snacks there, too--the frozen yogurts and churros. We came home and put Ellie and Hattie down for naps. We really were trying to go out Saturday night but no babysitters were to be found! We finally found someone at the last minute and she turned out to be great. It was one of my laurels, but I just haven't had her over before. Brian and I got to go to dinner and we looked around Sports Authority for some basketball shoes for Brian and spent some time reading at Borders. Then we tried a frozen custard place that Nanci told me about. It was so good--like Nielsen's on the east side. We loved it! We ended by getting groceries at Wal-Mart. I really stocked up on breakfast foods--I've been waiting for oatmeal to go on sale for our 3-month supply and it finally did. I am sure the checkout girl thought we were crazy to have almost 20 oatmeal boxes in our cart! (and 24 mac and cheese boxes--also on sale!).
Today I had BYC, so I went early and Brian came with the girls later. Sacrament went well. Brian only had to go out at the very end with Hattie. Testimony meeting we nice--Brian got up and shared his testimony, so that is always nice to hear! During Sunday School I actually got to go to Brian's class that he teaches. He did a great job--I love learning the basics of the gospel, so I am excited that I get to go in there with him.
Young women's was great. Becky taught about a change of heart. She talked about how in the scriptures that some of those people were sent angels and had a change of heart, but it made me connect that we don't see angels today, but we can have experiences that prompt a change of heart. It could be a lesson or a talk in Sacrament or something you read--just something that prompts you to do better and want to be better.
After church we came home, fed the girls lunch and put the two little ones down for naps. Then we did a Waldo book. Eliza and Libby love those books, so last night at Borders we picked up one that we don't have. It's been fun.
Tonight Brian took the girls to Brian and Kamille's for dinner, and I stayed behind for a class presidency training meeting. It went well, but it feels good that it's over! The theme was "Picture Perfect Leadership." I did a short little talk and compared the tools I use for my photography hobby to our service as leaders over the young women. We played a game were the girls had to guess which baby picture belonged to which young women. They enjoyed that and it was fun to see the girls as babies! Then we separated and I met with all the class presidents and had a little training with them before meeting back for dessert. Yum! Karolyn made delicious key-lime pies. It was so good.
Brian and girls got home a little after me--they had fun over there and celebrating Brian's (my brother's) birthday. Good night!
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment