Monday, September 29, 2008

Eliza's FHE

I kind of look forward to Mondays, so after everyone is off to school and work, I can get the house back in order from the weekend. So that is what I did this morning. I cleaned up a bit. Ellie and Hattie colored. While they colored, Ellie said, "Take a picture of us coloring, Mom."

Hattie didn't take much of a nap, so I got her up and we did a bunch of errands. I had to return a book to Deseret Book--I had two copies of the same book, so I took one back. Then we went to Costco and Wal-Mart.

By the time we got home it was almost naptime and once again, Hattie didn't sleep too long. Bummer! Hopefully she'll make up for it tomorrow! While they were sleeping, I made dipped pretzels. At the shower on Saturday, Olivia made the yummiest caramel-chocolate pretzels, so I wanted to make some. They were quite easy and yum. Here is what you need and how you make them:

Caramels--I used the Werther's ones because that is all I could find at Wal-Mart. But I was hoping to use either the Kraft ones or the the Brach's ones.

Dipping Chocolate
Pretzel rods

How to make them:
Unwrap caramels and roll them between your hands to make a snake (or worm).

Wrap around one end of the pretzel.

After you have all the caramels rolled around the pretzels, then you dip in chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

I put mine in the fridge for a little bit to set, then took them out so they wouldn't be too hard to eat (the caramel especially).

After school, we went to gymnastics and it was little crazy with Ellie and Hattie for some reason. Hattie keeps wanting to climb on this little table they have, so I spend a lot of time teaching her to sit on the seat part. Then she decided to let her scream out about 3 times. I know the parents there were like, "Wow--I am glad that is not my kid..." or "Sheesh, lady, I bet you are a terrible mother since she screams like that." I wanted to turn and say to the starers..."I bet your kid has some annoying quirks, too!" Then Ellie fell and hit her head on the wall. It didn't end. Eliza and Libby did great and had fun though. Libby has really picked up on the skills--she has learned doing "bridges" so fast and Eliza amazed me by being able to go into a back bend from the standing position. After the circus (gymnastics), we came home and I made dinner. Eliza helped out with Ellie and Hattie--like a little babysitter--she loved it (and so did I). Libby helped me with dinner. We ate dinner outside and stayed out there most of the evening. I am loving that the weather is finally allowing us to do that. After dinner we had family home evening. Yesterday Eliza asked if she could teach the lesson. She was so excited--she talked about it last night with Brian and then before school she started preparing. For her lesson she taught about Nephi and his family and building the ship. She had drawn a boat and then cut it apart and we had to put it together to resemble Nephi having to build it. Then we played a game that she made up. We stood in a line and closed our eyes. Then she tapped one of us and we had to dress up in a shawl and scarf, then everyone had to guess which one of Nephi's family we were. It was cute. Lastly, Eliza had drawn Nephi's family and she and Libby put on a puppet show and acted out Nephi going back to get the plates. We had treats and then the girls rode bikes out back for a while before coming in for baths.




My parents came over for a few minutes and we played one more game Eliza had planned (should couldn't fathom not letting us play one of them and saving it for another time). She hid the little drawings and we had to find all the members of the family. She is so creative! Finally, it was time for bed.

1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

I have a screamer, too, so I know how you feel. Elena LOVES to scream at church the most. We are out in the foyer a lot with her!