Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catch Up

I need to catch up! On Friday, Brian went with Eliza to her student of the month assembly. She figured it was his time to go since I went last year.


Kari brought her girls over to play for a bit, then we met Leslie and Terri at the park for lunch and visiting while the kids played. I can't believe how warm it is. TOO warm for January!!! I picked up Eliza and Libby from school, then headed to my parents'. We loaded up and drove to Mesa. I needed to get some paper for a project I am working on, so they said they'd come along for the ride. I wasn't sure if Ellie would really go or not. On my way to get Eliza and Libby, she was crying, "I don't want to go to Mesa, I don't want to go to Mesa." I wondered why, then narrowed it down to that she would have to ride with my dad in the car! LOL. I tried to ease her concern, telling her she didn't have to look at him and that she could close her eyes. She was okay with that. When we got to his house, she waited in the car until I could carry her in. He was near the front door and said hi to her and was trying to show her that he was the same person and that has face was getting better. She eased up and looked at him and was fine after that. I got the paper that I needed--Eliza and Libby helped us shop, but my dad took Ellie and Hattie to a nearby park so they wouldn't break anything in the store. We got some dinner and headed home. When we got home, I felt like we had so much trash and crumbs in the car! It took lots of cleaning out and my dad had to go have it vacuumed yesterday.

Later that night I went to see Bride Wars with a few friends. It was a really cute movie. I was surprised that one scene was in there in a PG movie. I spent some time focusing on the chairs in front of me till it was over! I enjoyed the music in the movie, too.

On Saturday, I got up and went running/hiking. As I was pulling into the driveway after I was done, Brian had the girls loaded in the van and was getting ready to leave. I was like--where are you going? He said they were going to Danny's (his brother) to help shovel some rock and to let the girls play with their guinea pig. He said to enjoy a relaxing morning at home. I was pleasantly surprised! What a great guy. So I was able to work on a couple things I needed to get done and leisurely get ready before heading to Libby's soccer game at 12:30. She didn't play, but we got to bring the treat. She always loves that. Later that afternoon, I was able to take my cousin's engagement pictures. She waited for Phil while he was on his mission (sound familiar?). He got home a week and a half ago and they are already engaged and getting married in March! I am really excited for them. They are so cute. Here are some sneak peeks.




That night after the kids were in bed, we had an in-home date. Brian grabbed some Bajio for dinner, so we had that and just hung out. It was nice.

Church still seems early!! We made it though and the girls did really well. I enjoyed all the lessons. Eliza and I stayed for choir after, then we came home, had lunch, made a couple things to get ready for dinner, then headed out. We dropped Eliza off at Brian's parents' for her birthday sleepover. She is excited to go on a walk and ride a horse! One of Marilyn's friends has horses and she gets to go see them and hopefully ride one. After dropping her off, we went to my parents' for dinner. We got to see the Cardinal's win, which was awesome! We had dinner, visited, the kids played, etc. On the way home, we stopped at Curt and Patti's to drop of Jodi's CD.

Here's to a new week!

1 comment:

Janet and Nate said...

Love your pictures Erin!! Where did you take those?

Can hardly believe these kids are old enough to get married. The cycle of life............