Today church came bright and early. In the night, Brian and I woke up and all the girls (except Hattie) were in our bed! So we ditched our bed and I Love Lucy'd it and slept in Eliza and Libby's beds. Thus, I didn't hear my alarm and got up about a half hour later than I wanted. We were rushed, but we made it right when they were starting. Today was Ellie's first time in primary--Sunbeams. She just glowed with excitement. She even had to give the article of faith. Eliza wanted to help her, so she went up with her and whispered it in her ear. Ellie did great although she was very quiet and you couldn't hardly hear her. She seemed to do well and have a fun time in primary. Brian and I both slipped out once during Sunday school to peek in the window at her.
After church I brought the girls home--Brian had a planning meeting with just his class. As I was cleaning up my girls' lunch, I turned on BYU-TV and there was the best talk on. Here is the link--scroll down to Marriage Tips and Traps by Victor Harris. You can read the transcript, but if you have 50 minutes, I'd suggest listening to the audio. It's a bit different than the transcript (read: better). Brian and I listened to it tonight and loved it. It just has some great thoughts and ideas about marriage and parenting.
Oh--and if you have more time, check out A Brand New Year. It's a broadcast for youth, but it's really great--great message, great music and just really motivational to be a better you. I think most of the youth will watch it at a mutual or fireside coming up, but since I'm not in YW anymore (weep), I just watched it online with Eliza.
This afternoon we went to my parents' for an early dinner. Dan and Chris were able to come, so we were all there. We enjoyed a nice meal and visiting and kids playing. On the way home, Ellie was singing the song she learned in primary. So cute.
Tomorrow starts back to our regular school schedule. Libby is so excited. Tonight she set out her outfit, down to her ponytail and clip. She loves school.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment