Sunday, April 05, 2009

Place Your Bets Now

If you haven't heard, I am pregnant. Just a little recap--I have felt very crappy for the past 8 weeks or so. That about says it all. I don't remember feeling this awful with the other ones, but maybe I just had some good amnesia and forgot, but I really don't. I am 13 weeks along and due on October 13th. So I know the big excitement will be when we find out what it is. My brother is just assuming that it's another girl. My mom is playing the odds and guessing a boy. Brian and I assume it's a girl, but maybe secretly hope it's a boy. We shall see, huh!?

We told our girls about 4 weeks ago and hoped they could keep it a secret. Surprisingly, they did a great job! They kept asking when they could tell, but they never did when they weren't supposed to. They are very excited to add another member to our family. When we told them, I mentioned how I have been sick a lot and wanting to lay down a lot, then I told them the reason why. I almost got a little teary since it's a pretty special thing to add a baby to your family. I am excited but a bit nervous to see how all the dynamics will work out.

12 comments:

annaka said...

Ohh, congrats! How exciting, you always have the most beautiful children. I bet it's a boy:)

The Frosts said...

Yay! And a big congrats! I was wondering after your email about April Fool's Day. What an exciting time for your family. I hope you start feeling better soon - extra hard to be down and out with 4 other little ones to care for. I'm so happy for you! Oh, and I LOVE your new blog look!! Very cute and springy!

The Crouse House said...

Congratulations to you and your family Erin! You are an amazing woman and mom! I learn so much from you every time I read your blog! Take care, God bless and keep us posted!! :)

Janet and Nate said...

CONGRATULATIONS Erin. What an exciting time for you and your girls. Hope you feel better soon and I will keep my fingers crossed for a boy!!! Hang in there!!!!

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

yeah! i am so happy for you guys.

Ann said...

AWESOME!!

maccam said...

Congrats Erin! We are due two days apart! I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. It is the worst! I'm guessing it is a boy just based on the fact that you feel different than the other pregnancies. ...although you never know. Good luck with everything. Love, Cam

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting :-) I'm going to go with a boy since that was my first due date with Trenton and maybe that is when little baby boys should be due. Probably has nothing to do with it - but if not why not right :) Either way a new baby is always a blessing. Hope you get to feeling better very soon. HUGS!!

Suzee said...

Well, now Brian can have his very own basketball team! So it has to be another girl. Sorry, but if it was any other way the team would just look weird! lol

Mo said...

WOW! That's wonderful! Congratulations! I'm going to guess twins; boy and a girl. :) Ha ha.

Sonja said...

Very best wishes to you and your family. It's great to hear your good news. Hope all goes well (and quickly, of course!)

Unknown said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Hattie and I came over to babysit one night and Eliza pulled me to the side before you and Brian had left and told me you were pregnant again and she wasn't supposed to tell. I hope I get a chance to babysit this new baby too! Congrats!