On Friday after school, my parents came and got Libby for her birthday sleepover. Libby wanted McDonalds for dinner, so she had that and my parents got something else. Then they went goofy golfing. She had a great time doing that and she beat my dad apparently.
It was warm outside, so after she got an ice cream cone. The next morning she had pop tarts for breakfast and then got to go shopping for her gift. She took a while to pick something out (my mom gives a better recap on her blog) but finally decided on some creative activities, two books and a movie. She had a great time and loved having their full attention.
On Friday night, Brian and Eliza went on a little campout. Eliza earned it on her chart, so finally she got to redeem it. They had to take Brian's Civic and he was really missing his truck!! But they had a fun time. They camped on Schnebly Hill Road. They had cheesy hot dogs for dinner and s'mores. For breakfast they had scrambled eggs, then packed up and went to his parents' cabin for a bit. She wanted to go to a museum, so they went to the Riordan Mansion in Flagstaff and took a little tour. She really enjoys things like that and this was no exception. The Rough Riders were there, too, so they enjoyed seeing them. They got lunch at the Galaxy Diner on Route 66, then headed home.






On Saturday while they were gone, Ellie and I went with Hattie to birthday party she was invited to, then went to Nanci's and I took pictures of a friend of hers and her daughters. That evening we went to the ward talent show. Eliza decided fairly last minute that she wanted to do a jump rope routine. She is so brave! She was nervous, but she does so well in those situations. She did her own little routine to one of Joe Satriani guitar solos. She did great! I wanted to upload the video, but it's a touch to big to download and I don't know how make it shorter!



The rest of the talent how was fun....these two little brothers totally entertained us by dancing to Thriller. And Bishop and his family's band never ceases to impress!





Sunday was a typical Sunday. It felt weird not teaching Sunday school! My friend Debbie just got called to teach the class just older than mine and she asked me to sub over the Labor Day weekend, so I'll get to keep my feet wet, which I am excited about. Sunday night we went to Brian's parents for Sunday dinner. ...had a good roast and mashed potatoes and rolls. We made pizookie for dessert.
Monday was back at school for a new week. I didn't have anything planned, so I just picked up from the weekend, which was nice. Today I had a dr. appt. He said my stomach measurement was textbook, then they did an ultrasound and the baby is measuring 35 weeks and 5 lbs. 9 oz. I am a little nervous that I'll have a huge baby! I am curious to see what the doc will say at my appt. in two weeks. I am thinking I might only have 5 weeks left now. I'd better get in gear because I am not ready!
Tonight was crazy busy. After dinner Brian jumped his car to start it (yes--makes me wonder what the $300 repair was in Prescott), then dropped it off a mechanic. Then we hustled him out to a meeting, then the girls and I went with Eliza to audition for the stake musical which is coming up in November. She did great. The lady in charge said she for sure would have a singing part, so now we need to get her a pioneer outfit to wear. I think she is excited!


2 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed by Eliza and her courage. I'd love to see the video of her sometime (you can shorten it using Windows Movie Maker, which is a standard program when you install Windows- call me if you want help). I hope she does get a part in the musical!
Isaac and I did a bunch of stuff that Saturday as well. We went to the Museum of Northern Arizona, which was a lot better than I thought it would be. Someday when my kids are older, I want to take them to Riordan. I love the Riordan Mansion!
Sounds like you've been busy! I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left, get ready for girl number 5!!
I know someone already told you this but using windows movie maker is real easy. Just import the video just like you would pictures and you can shorten it and cut parts out, real easy!!
Post a Comment