Today was Hattie's blessing day. It always makes me nervous since everyone comes for it. But it was a good day. Hattie cooperated and it worked out that she ate at about 8, so with church at 9, she wasn't fussy or hungry. She looked so darling in her blessing dress that both Libby and Ellie wore. Brian gave her a very sweet blessing. He is always so good about their blessing days. A few days or so before all the girls' blessings, he always spends lots of time with each one and thinks about what he is going to say. I love that. But it went well and Sacrament was actually relaxing. Eliza sat with her cousin and Libby was entertained coloring. Brian had Ellie and my mom held Hattie. I could actually listen!! But Hattie is so special--we are glad she is in our family. I will post pictures when we get our network fixed...it is giving us issues. :(
That was most recently..but this week has been busy. Yesterday was Brian's company picnic. Part of it was like Friday the 13th a day late. It was out in Tempe and it took us probably an hour and a half to get there. Everywhere we went, there was construction and detours. Once we got there, Hattie had dirtied a diaper, which had leaked all over her onesie. So we had to take care of that. The rest wasn't too bad, but it started a little harried! They played a softball game that Brian was supposed to play in but as it was getting ready to start, Hattie needed to eat and there was no way Brian could leave me alone with Ellie as I was feeding Hattie. Such is life, I suppose. Last night we got a babysitter for a little bit while we picked up Rubios for dinner and did a little shopping. I’ve succumb to the fact that I need some new clothes. Before the picnic I tried on 4 pairs of shorts and none of them fit. It was depressing. So last night we headed to the mall and I checked out Buckle. I had heard a lot about their jeans, so I wanted to check them out. So this leads me to my Ode to Buying Jeans...I haven’t bought new jeans in a while, and usually when I do I buy like a "size" like 6, 8, 10, etc. Here they are labeled by the waist size. I had no idea what my waist was, so I help up a pair to kind of gauge to see. That's when the employee comes up and asks me, "Have you bought jeans here before?" Hmm...how could she tell. Maybe it was my elastic waist capris with the salsa stain on it or my t-shirt with either a spit up or snot stain on it. Good thing she couldn't see into the dressing room and she could see my nursing pad 1/2 hanging out. Nice. I felt like a train wreck, but I guess that is my story every day! Anyway...so I get trying on pants that the employee thought I would look good in. She kind of sized me up and then decided on a few pairs. I started trying them on and some fit, some didn't. I found a couple that I liked, but the jeans there are more than I've probably ever spent on jeans...except maybe my Guess jeans I got 15 or so years ago. Before I bought any I checked out another store but didn't like the fit of them. So I went back and splurged on a pair of jeans. I decided on the Big Star Casey jeans. Definitely a splurge for my thrifty self, but I do like them. Yesterday my brother Brian and his wife Kamille also had their third baby. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and they named him Luke Thomas. We went and saw him after church today and he a cutie.
On Friday, Kamille had her baby shower, so after that I guess she (and the baby) decided she was ready!
Let’s see…what else…it seems like we are just doing the regular stuff here…preschool runs three days/week, mutual on Wednesday, a trip to Costco, etc. Oh yeah…on Tuesday I had a baby shower here for my good friend Rachel. She is going in tomorrow to have her 4th baby. It was a fun shower and fun to hang out and chat.
Have a great week.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment