Before I ramble about my life, I thought I would pay respect to those who died in the Virginia Tech massacre. That is just awful. I remember when Columbine happened, I was outside my classroom waiting for my professor to come to class. When she came and after she let us in the room, she told us what had happened. It was a solemn day. This week has been solemn too for what happened. It is just so unfortunate that they lost their lives at the hands of such a sick person. It makes me nervous since I'll be sending Eliza to kindergarten in a few months. What are things coming too? I heard on Oprah I think that some teachers are afraid to give students an "F" for fear of the aftermath. That is just too bad. When I taught high school and even at the community college, I didn't worry about that. Luckily I had pretty good students. Who would have thought teaching would be a high-risk profession? In an e-mail from a friend today, she mentioned that one day it might be home-school for us. We decided if that happened, I could teach English and reading, she could do science and we'd find others for the other subjects. Actually doing it that way wouldn't be too bad.
I pray that Friday proves to be uneventful in light of past events.
In other news, today was a techie day for me. I finally got my iPod back!! I got one for Mother's Day last year and somehow Brian decided he would like one and somehow it became his. It's all a blur!! But we had quite a few World Points on a credit card, so we redeemed them for another iPod. I can't wait to get my music on there and get going!
In addition to an iPod, I got a new phone today. My phone met an untimely death on Saturday when Ellie put it under running water. It didn't like that! I had been wanting a new phone, but I wasn't going to be getting one this soon. Brian was able to get me the one I really wanted and he got a great deal on it. It's the LG enV. I love it so far. It is a "bar" phone but then opens up to a keyboard. It is great for texting and it has a great camera. I am excited. And sorry if you've tried to reach me on my cell phone--I haven't been ignoring you! Now I'm back in service except my contact info isn't on my new phone.
The week is half over! Here's to a great rest of the week.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment