Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter






Our Easter weekend turned out nice. On Saturday morning, Eliza and Libby were up, dressed and ready by 6:20. They were excited to go to the Easter party at my parents' house. I was, too, but not enough to be up and ready by then! Needless to say, I got up and ready, too. After everyone got to their house, we ate the yummy BBQ lunch and the kids played charades. They had fun guessing what each person acted out. Then they went outside for the Easter egg hunt. (Sorry the outside pictures are so bad! That's what happens when I forget to change my camera off the AV mode when the aperture is set at 2.8. Oops!) Once the eggs were collected, the kids enjoyed singing "Tootie-Ta", led by my brother, Brian. They all get such a kick out of that song. After laughing and singing, my brother Dan and his wife, Chris, had the kids decorate little cakes shaped like eggs. They came up with some creative creations! Then it was inside to do the annual "fish pond" that my parents do. Each kid gets to go "fishing" and they catch some really great things: chocolate bunnies, an outfit, McDonald's gift card and an Easter dress. All the kids had a great time. Eliza and Libby fell asleep on the way home, they were so worn out. Too bad they woke up when we got home!










Sunday morning was an early day, too. I was sitting in the rocking chair in our room, feeding Hattie and dozing off when Eliza came in at about 6 and said, "He came!!" The Easter bunny had eaten the snacks they left out the night before (a Kit Kat and a bunny-shaped candy). Then she ran back out and found the baskets, of course. She came running back in with her two gifts in her hands and was so thrilled and excited. She proceeded to bring in and show me what the other girls got, too. Libby got up soon after and got to see her basket, too. Eliza got a Junie B. book and the new Charlotte's Web movie. Libby got a Curious George book and the game Connect 4 and Ellie got some new shorts. Thankfully they didn't notice that Hattie didn't get anything. It was a little hectic and busy getting everyone ready, but we made it to church on time. That was another crazy adventure. I am glad my parents came to help me out. Ellie is just at that hard stage to have in Sacrament meeting. She wants to be up and moving around all the time. Sacrament was really nice though with all the music and talks about Christ and the resurrection and atonement. In YW, I taught the Laurels and I focused on Jesus' last days, like what happened the week before he was crucified. I really enjoyed preparing the lesson and learning about what that week was like. It was really humbling to learn about that and compare it to what I was doing this past week. ...doesn't even compare! Each girl got a paper bag Easter basket filled with 8 empty eggs. When I talked about each day before the Crucifixion, they each got an item to put in the corresponding egg to remind them about that day and how they can apply it to their lives.

For Easter dinner, my brother Brian and his family came over along with my parents and my Grandpa and his wife Dovetta. We had a great ham dinner with potatoes, rolls, veggies, fruit and cake and pie for dessert. It was a great Easter despite the face that Brian wasn't with us. He got home a little before 9 last night. Fortunately everyone was sleeping (except Hattie) so we could talk about the trip and catch up on the weekend. I am so glad he is home!

Today was preschool and playing outside this afternoon. It's getting so hot! Ugh. I wish it was still cool outside. Tonight before Family Home Evening, we went to McDonald's so the girls could spend their gift cards they got from the fish pond.

OK--off to do some work and to get the house ready for a baby shower tomorrow night.

No comments: