Friday, April 06, 2007

Girls Weekend










Brian left last night and headed to Flagstaff with his brother Jared and sister Laura. They drove the rest of the way today with his parents, other brother and sister (not all in one car though). There was a viewing tonight and another viewing and the funeral tomorrow. The girls and I are surviving fine so far. Today we colored quite a bit. Eliza had preschool and I did a Target run. This afternoon I had a presidency meeting. And this evening the girls and I ate pizza. After Ellie went to bed, we colored Easter eggs and filled plastic eggs with candy for the Easter party at my parents' tomorrow. Then it was off to bed for them.

On Wednesday, Eliza had a field trip to the fire station. My dad was nice enough to take Eliza and Libby on the field trip. They had a great time, especially trying out the fire hose!

That night, I had mutual and we did our cooking certification with the girls for camp. The camp directors did a great job planning and organizing it. It went so smoothly and the girls seemed to enjoy it.

Last night I went to a Stake Leadership Training. I really learned a lot that will help me in my young women's calling. One training was based on this talk. I really want to apply the suggestions in the talk. I started with the first suggestion in our presidency meeting by focusing on each girl and her needs.

All right--here's to a good night and a fun Easter-y day tomorrow.

No comments: