I have a few days to catch up on!
Wednesday:
All I remember is that I had mutual. We practiced the sacrament meeting program we are doing. It went so great! It went so much better than I was expecting. The girls did such a great job.
Thursday:
The day started with Eliza's parent-teacher conference. My first one ever! It went great though. She is doing very well and knows everything she needs to know so far. Her teacher said she is very impressed wtih Eliza's writing and how detail-oriented she is, so she sent me home with a writing journal for her. Two of her strengths are listening attentively and demonstrating responsibility. Her teacher told me about something that happened in class--there was a boy who couldn't find his crayons, so she (the teacher) told the other kids about it, and Eliza was the only one who was scrounging around and gave him some of hers to have. I guess Mrs. A. made a huge deal about it to the other kids because they were all just hoarding theirs and Eliza was the only one sweet enough to share. It warmed her heart she said! One more great thing from the conference is that Eliza was chosen to go to "Search" which is for students who are a little more advanced and excelling and ready for more challenge. So she'll go on day 3. Eliza will LOVE that!
That afternoon it seems we were outside a ton! Eliza got out at 10:40, so she loved that. That afternoon, Brian came home a little early so I could meet a deadline for BPS. I was able to finish, thank goodness! That night I went to Enrichment. It was an "out of the box" theme and each person was supposed to bring three things in a box to describe herself. I brought a candle--it was a Christmas scent (love candles and Christmas), a film canister to represent photography and a journal because I enjoy keeping, reading and buying cute journals! It was a fun night and fun to get to know some people in the ward.
Today was busy--go, go, go! Eliza had school and so did Libby. I picked Eliza up at 10:40, then I met Kristi to pick up some sample t-shirts for the retreat, then I zoomed back to pick up Libby. Then we picked up Libby's friend for a playdate and came home for play! It was a little of everything this afternoon: inside, out back, out front, eating Otter Pops, eating Halloween candy, etc.
This evening I took pictures of my good friend and her family. From there, Brian and I went on our date. We went to Best Buy to get an external hard drive to store all these pictures and back everything up. I also got a new mouse. Mine has been dropped so many times I am surprised it lasted this long, but it totally died today. We grabbed dinner at Baja Fresh. They have a new mango salsa that was yummy. We stopped at the mall to look for clothes for our Christmas pictures. I found green shirts for Ellie and Hattie. I also got a caramel apple from Rocky Mtn. Chocolate. Thanks for the heads up on that, Leslie! Yum!! We stopped at Target on the way home. I found some shirts for Eliza and Libby for pictures. I hope it all comes together nicely. We shall see! We also got a wedding gift for Brian's secretary--a big area rug off their registry.
That's about it!!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Busy busy! I am so jealous about the carmel apple. I LOVE Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory. My girlfriend and I crave those all the time!
Hey Erin! I love reading your blog! You are an amazing lady and momma! So busy and so talented! BTW - if you love Baja Freshs' mango salsa you should check out Bajio's! It's a little out of the way I17 and Happy Valley Road (2501 West Happy Valley Rd.) but we love it - I love it and I hate mexican food!! lol
Hey Erin! I love reading your blog! You are an amazing lady and momma! So busy and so talented! BTW - if you love Baja Freshs' mango salsa you should check out Bajio's! It's a little out of the way I17 and Happy Valley Road (2501 West Happy Valley Rd.) but we love it - I love it and I hate mexican food!! lol
Post a Comment