



After pictures we grabbed McDs for the girls, then grabbed Sarah to babysit. For our date we ate at Chevy's. We like the food--especially LOVE the salsa--plus there is never a wait and they bring the food SO fast. Then we went to a couple places in the mall. I need some new jeans for the upcoming winter. I think I have one pair that fits me/that I like, so I knew I couldn't wear them every day. So I tempted myself and went to Buckle, but I didn't cave in. Then we went over to Aeropostale and found some there for 1/4 of the price at the previously mentioned store. I like how they fit, too. After the mall, we went to Target and started thinking about our Christmas shopping and what we are going to get everyone.
On Saturday, Brian took Libby and Eliza for a drive on the Harquahala Mtn. Trail. They drove, hiked, looked at the observatory, ate Lunchables, etc. Mainly, they had a really great time. That left me with Ellie and Hattie, so I got to do some cleaning, baking, playing with Ellie, and going to the mall. I decided to go back to get a few drawing prizes for the retreat.
Saturday night was a lot of fun. We went to my brother's for our annual family Halloween party. It was such a great time! First we met at the park and took pictures of my brother and his family, then we tried to get one of all the grandkids.

From there we went to my brother's and ate dinner--soups, salad, rolls, soda. Yum! Then we did activities for the kids. Kamille did little footprint ghosts with the kids and Dan and Chris brought a pumpkin pinata. That is also a crazy, wild time! Then my parents did the fishpond. The kids got candy bags, sticker book and the cutest PJs. Last was our activity of decorating cupcakes. It was such a great time and all the kids seemed to have a blast! We came home (Libby and Eliza scarfing down candy most of the way!), then it was bed.
This morning I had an early meeting, the Brian brought the girls in time for church. It was a great day at church. Marcy gave the lesson in laurels. It was her first time teaching our class and she did a great job. She said she was so nervous but she had no reason to be!
Tonight we had the Headricks over for dinner. I want to do better about having people over, but it makes me nervous because I feel like I am not an "entertainer" and I worry about everyone liking the food. It went well tonight though. Dinner turned out and everyone liked it. And we had a great time visiting while the kids played. From there, Kari and I left to go to our fireside. Adam Carlini spoke to the youth about preparedness and how we can prepare ourselfes spiritually. He used the Gatorade ad "Is it in you?" to refer to the gospel--Is it in you? How can someone tell that the gospel is "in you." I also loved what he said at the end. For people who lift weights, it's the last few reps that make a difference and make you stronger. Then he related that to it's the last few things we do when we are so tired and just want to go to bed or rest. Do we just go to bed or do we take time to say our prayers and read our scriptures. I really loved that analogy and will work to do those last few "reps."
This week ought to be fun with Eliza's field trip, Halloween, etc! Halloween party pictures will have to come tomorrow--it's not letting me post right now!


5 comments:
I love that group photo!! Can't believe we finally got some good pictures of the whole crew!
Where did you get that adorable headband? I have been trying to make some for my daughter but mine aren't that cute!
Brooke--
Kari got it for me at a place in Utah. But I have seen them here at a place called Kid 2 Kid on 75th south of T-Bird. They are so cute and versatile.
Hi Erin! I found your blog through Brittany Sondrup/Haggard. I LOVE your blog, and your girls are so cute and getting so big! You may not remember me, but your family is SO cute.
Tatum
Of course I remember you, Tatum! I read your blog, too. Funny!
Post a Comment