
Happy Mother's Day to you! My mother's day started out with Eliza bringing me breakfast in bed...toast and water. She's been planning it for a while I think and seemed to really enjoy doing that for me. Brian gave me a sweet card and told me that I could pick a day and redeem a massage gift certificate I've had for a while, get a pedicure and I quote "spend as much money as you want". Ha! Lucky for him, he knows I am a cheapskate and chicken out and never spend too much money. I did tell him I'd probably buy some clothes. And maybe stop by Dotties for a wheat grinder. Kidding.
This morning we got ready for church and Eliza, Ellie and I went a little early so we could get a soft seat. With our ward being so big, you have to be there quite early for that luxury. Sacrament meeting was nice. Brian only had to go out with Hattie one time after she bonked her head on the back of the bench in front of us. But he came back in and we made it through! Eliza went up with the primary kids and sang, "Mother, I Love You." Big surprise that Libby chose not to go up! After the speakers were done, Bishop got up and made some Mother's Day comments that touched me. What he said was simple, but he said something to the effect of "I know you don't hear it much, but you are doing a fabulous job as a mother. I want to be that loud voice telling you, 'You are doing great.'" Something like that, but it was nice. I taught young women's today and I think it went okay. It was about the wonderful legacy we have as members of the church. I hope I got across to them how fortunate we are to live in a time when the fullness of the gospel is on the earth again and it has been restored to how it was when Christ was on the Earth. At the beginning I told them that I brought them a little treat so they wouldn't be hungry durning my lesson. I gave each girl a chocolate chip. They knew there was a catch, but I didn't tell them until the end. At the end I told them that it was okay to have a "morsel" but it's better to have the whole thing and related that to the churhc being restored to its fullness. Then I gave each one a whole chocolate chip cookie.
Tonight we enjoyed family dinner at my brother's house. The boys were in charge and fed us well--BBQ pork, cole slaw, beans, chips, soda and ice cream sundaes. It's been a nice Mother's Day. I am grateful to be a mom and feel fortunate to have been entrusted with four sweet girls to raise. I saw this great quote that I want to put up somewhere in my house:
Here's to Good Women
May we know them
May we be them
May we raise them
I feel so honored (and a bit nervous) that I get to raise future women and mothers. I am thankful to my mom who has passed on a legacy of love, service, selflessness, creativity, etc, which I hope to instill in my daughters. Thanks Mom, I love you!


2 comments:
Your lesson sounds great! I know you are such a great mother to your girls. They probably look up to you more than you know. There's a reason why Heavenly Father sent you girls...you have some great things to teach them! Way to go Erin. Keep up the good work!
Love, Janae
Thanks! I love you, too! I've been thinking about the words to a song from "Annie" that Miss Hannigan sings....
Some women are drippin' in diamonds.
Sone womean are drippin' in pearls.
Lucky me! Lucky me!
Look at what I'm drippin' with....
Little girls!
You are lucky, and so are they to have you for their mom. And thanks for the vote of confidence. You could have warned me so I didn't tear up!!! :)
Post a Comment