Saturday, May 31, 2008

Quote

Brian and I heard a quote on a Life Cereal commercial that is one we loved. You can watch the commercial on their website, but the quote is at the end of the Oh family's commercial:

"Having fewer kids might have been easier but not this much fun."

So the past few days we've said that quite a few times to each other. It's definitely not easy at times but it's a lot of fun.

Friday morning we didn't have swimming, so we decided to head to the library. We are going to do the summer reading program, so we got all that info, then my girls picked out books. The rule was 10 books--Eliza got 7, Ellie got about 7, and Libby slipped about 20 in her bag. They have loved it. I feel bad for not taking my girls to the library as much as I'd like, but there isn't a great library close. We are going to do the one out by Brian's work and see how that goes. Eliza has really been a book worm--reading in the car, in the cart at Target, at home, everywhere. After the library we went to Brian's office to eat our sack lunches in his back room. On the way home I dropped Libby off at a birthday party. Last night I went to one visiting teaching appointment, then Brian and I went out. We took the small tent back to REI, then got dinner at Garcia's. We tried to go to Ross, but we got there after they closed. We did finally make it to 31 Flavors. We have tried to go a couple times before, but they close at 10! We made it last night and enjoyed peanut butter and chocolate. Yum!

Today was a great day...we didn't have a schedule or really have anything we HAD to do for once! Brian went biking at the White Tanks early this morning. After he got back and after Hattie's nap we had a return at Sam's Club, so we had lunch there. Hot dog combos, pretzels, churros and frozen yogurt...all for about $10. We had a great time. I dropped Brian and the girls off at his parents while I went to Deseret Book and to Wal-Mart, then we all went back home. This evening we went swimming. Ellie was having a great time jumping in and "swimming" around. It was a fun day all around.

1 comment:

The Frosts said...

I LOVE that quote. I hope I see that commercial sometime. Glad you guys had such a nice, relaxing day!