Friday, May 02, 2008

Family Date

This past week has been quite busy!

Yesterday morning, my mom came over and we had another bread lesson by my sister-in-law Chrystalyn. I think I am ready to dive into bread-making for our bread consumption. I do need to get a wheat grinder, then I'll be set! We made two batches and within a couple hours we had 10 loaves of bread! It was so delicious!


Last night I went to the church to start an "All About Me" album that Becky headed-up. I got 6 pages done-a good start! Brian went to the Rush concert with one of his brothers, his Dad and one of the young men from our ward; he said it was great, as always!

Today was the normal--school, preschool, I stopped at the new Safeway on the way to get Libby from preschool, then we came home and ate lunch and the two little ones had naps. During naps, Libby kept me busy with several games of Dora Memory, Uno and "regular memory." She is such a game girl.

When Eliza came home from school, she was grinning big and showing off her missing tooth. It has been ready to fall out for a couple of days, but just wouldn't come. I guess at lunch she was eating a chip and it came out. But she couldn't find it. She doesn't think she swallowed it, but she doesn't know where it went! She wrote a note to the tooth fairy to see if she could still leave a dollar.

Don't you just love the I've-been-at-school-all-day hair?

Here is Hattie watching for Eliza to come home (actually, she was more excited to play on the couch.)



Brian came home a little early and we all headed up to Wickenberg. It's been a busy week and one or both of us has been gone almost every night, so instead of date night, we decided to do a family date night. We had dinner at Anitas, then we found a park and let the girls run around for a while. We walked to an ice cream shop and got some dessert, then went back to the park to eat. They had a great time. We found a ladybug, so they had fun playing with that. Libby found a branch in the shape of a "Y" which she was pretty excited about. Brian found a tree to climb. Hattie loved drinking her milk under a tree. It was just a fun time.











I had to laugh when I saw this picture...I was thinking of the book Make Way for Ducklings!

1 comment:

Britt said...

your girls are just gorgeous. you all just glow!