Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Late Start

I couldn't believe it...this morning we slept in until 10 o'clock (NY time). But still...10 nonetheless! So we got off to a late start today. We hurried and had breakfast in the room and got ready. They we drove about 25 minutes to the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves in Pottersville, NY. It was such a beautiful drive--so green and serene. I was telling Brian, "Can you imagine living here?!?! Like looking out your window and having that view?" It would be wonderful! We got to the bridge and paid for our admission in, then we started our hike. It was so fun and pretty. There were railings, but it was over rocks and such, so it was good hike for us and our girls. We saw the huge natural bridges, whirlpool, natural potholes, look outs, rushing water, etc. It drizzled on us during part of the hike, which was refreshing and fun actually.








When we were done with the hike, we bought some waters and a snack and ate those, grabbed a couple things from the gift shop and headed back. We got back to the room, and Ellie and I went to the gift shop for a minute. Then we went down near the rec. center for "Mr. Ding-a-ling" (the ice cream truck). We each picked out an frozen treat and enjoyed those. Well--all but me. Libby got a fudgesicle, but she dropped it on the ground. We picked it up quick and it seemed fine. I got the same thing and she wanted to trade (mine had a different wrapper), so I had hers. But after discovering some crunchy, gritty stuff in my teeth (probably asphalt) I threw it away. It must have been the humidity because they melted so quickly! Brian ended up holding Ellie's and Libby's while they hurried and ate to try to prevent from getting too much on their clothes.





We did a little swimming in the indoor pool before getting ready and going to dinner. It was "theme" dinner--a cookout theme--so there was coleslaw, potato salad (which I really liked--it had a kick to it which was yum), corn on the cob (so good) and I had BBQed chicken, but you could also have fish, steak or ribs. Dessert didn't disappoint--carrot cake, chocolate cake, wild berry shortcake or apple pie. I tried the first two!


After dinner we drove around Bolton Landing for a bit and drooled over the beautiful homes and the beautiful scenery they have! We were hoping the girls would fall asleep but no luck! So when we got back to the room, we got ready for bed. Libby started being a little crazy, but I tried to dispel it with singing and little counting games. That seemed to settle her down and wear her out so she would sleep. I'll have to add more pictures later as I don't have the software on my computer to download the ones from my other camera.

1 comment:

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

WAY FUN!! You took the girls this time. fun fun!! Ricky and I miss you guys!!