Thursday, September 04, 2008

Tues-Thurs

Tuesday was back to school. I can't remember what else we did.

Wednesday morning Ellie and I had gymnastics. Hattie hung out with my neighbor Heather and her little boy while we went. Ellie had no qualms this time. She was so excited and did everything. I didn't have to go on the trampoline with her this time. Brian texted me on the way home and asked if we wanted to meet for lunch. So we went home for a minute, then headed out to meet him at the Paradise Bakery by his office for lunch. Ellie and Hattie had fun and did great sharing their macaroni and cheese kids meal along with plenty of bites of Brian's and my lunch. After lunch, we zoomed home and I put them both down for naps. They went to bed great and I even had to wake them up to go pick up E & L from school. I hate having to wake up sleeping babies! We did the school pick up, then took Eliza to her piano lesson. She had an hour lesson because her teacher is going to be gone for a few weeks. I had my nephew with me, so we went home and he and Libby played. Wed. night I had mutual and it was a joint young men/young women activity that the laurels were in charge of! Ugh! We did a service auction like the one we did with just the young women a few month's back. I think the kids had fun, but they were crazy and loud! There are definitely things I would do differently if we ever do it again--like write down and monitor how many "points" each person earned and check to make sure they don't overbid their points--which I think happened several times (by the boys, of course). I am just glad and relieved that it is OVER!!! It was causing me stress!

Today Brian went biking early this morning, so I was up early with my two early birds (Ellie and Hattie), but I did get a lot done before the older two were off to school--like emptying and filling the dishwasher, making lunches, cleaning the stove top and sink and tidying up the house. Wow! Maybe I could make getting up early a habit. Not! After Hattie's first nap, we headed to Target for some grocery shopping. Hattie loves having a purse and she holds her arm up in the air like she is trying to keep it on her shoulder. She sat in the cart with her purse on and arm up during much of our shopping trip. I'll have to remember to get a picture of her doing that. It's darling.

After school, Eliza had her little singing group. She said she had fun. Libby was so sad she couldn't go. But after coloring for a little bit, I think she was over it. I made some dinner and soon after Brian got home, I was out the door to Becky's baby shower. I actually finished making her gift on Wednesday and had it all wrapped and a card made several hours before I had to leave! I made some more burp cloths, which I love doing. We had dinner at the shower--yummy cafe rio salad/burritos, and it was fun to visit and catch up with some people from other wards.

Random pictures



(what happens when my girls get hold of a bag of chips after church. ha!)

1 comment:

pribyl said...

Sophia has been doing that same thing with purses, lately. Funny how they pick that up at such an early age!!