Saturday, January 10, 2009

7


Today is Eliza's 7th birthday. She had a great time on her sleepover. Today she got to go with my mom to a baby shower, then they saw Bedtime Stories. I guess Eliza was really worried because she heard two bad words in the movie. She heard the "s" word and the "b" word--"stupid" and "butt." Ha ha! I was relieved to hear that those were the "bad" words she heard--both of which aren't allowed at our house. On the way home, she got some Dippin' Dots.

Brian had a camp out with the young men last night combined with the young men/young women snow trip today, so he's been gone. He had a fun time except for a run-in with a tree that I guess was concealed by snow. He said it looked like a big snow ball, but I guess he should have investigated further before going head on into it. His side really, really hurts.

This morning, we got up and picked up my dad to go to Libby's soccer game. I was a little worried when we had her uniform on once at home and she took it off. But while we were at my parents', my mom got her to put it on without any issues. We went to her game and it was the same as every week before. My dad says that she just goes for the socializing and refreshment. So true!

We came home, played outside for a bit, vacuumed out the van and had lunch. I put Hattie down and tried to put Ellie down, but she didn't end up taking a nap. So she got up and she, Libby and I wrapped Eliza's gifts, made brownies for tomorrow and made a treat for my lesson tomorrow, too. They were good helpers. Tonight after Brian and Eliza both got home, Eliza wanted to open her gifts right away. She got a pair of jeans and she also got this shirt that she has really wanted--from Wal-Mart of all places. It is really cute and she was so surprised to get it. She wanted to get it last night with my parents as part of her gift from them, but they had to dissuade her from wanting it.

And we gave her a little printed coupon for a ticket to see Wicked when it comes here this summer since tickets aren't on sale yet.

Eliza wanted to have dinner at the park. So we hurried and made sandwiches and went to the park.

We had dinner and played a bit before coming home for their baths and Eliza's cake. She wanted an ice cream cake again, so this year it was strawberry cake and strawberry ice cream with Cool Whip frosting. She added some M&Ms on top, too.


Here are some things about Eliza at age 7:
loves art
loves writing stories
loves to sing
loves to dance
loves to be outside
loves to take pictures
is not too picky about her food
has a tender and sweet heart
also has a bit of a temper

We love Eliza and we are glad to have her in our family. Happy birthday, Eliza!!

1 comment:

maccam said...

I didn't know Eliza and McKenna had the same birthday! How fun. I have to find the real recipe of the yummy bread for you. I have a simplified version from a book. It's Mac's granny's recipe that's famous all over the valley (It's sold in all the Natural Bread stores.) Anyway, I'll email it to you when I get the step by step recipe. Happy Birthday Eliza! Love, Cam