Today I got a note from Libby that came because of a not so cute situation. Tonight was Libby's soccer practice from being off for two weeks. We picked up my nephew and headed over. I thought it would be fun to bring the other three girls' scooters for them to ride during practice. I'm not sure if that was what started it, but Libby didn't want to practice. She said she wanted to ride a scooter. Ugh. So it was an hour long awful time at soccer practice. She hid behind the bushes, kicked rocks, yelled, and so on. Brian couldn't be there, so I got to deal with it and try to keep track of everyone else. I was less than thrilled. Let's just say it was a terrible night. I tried to talk her into practicing. I tried to pick her up and take her over. After trying everything, I just told her she had some consequences. Brian came as we were walking out to the car and brought a broom for her first consequence. She had to sweep up the rocks she kicked. I ended up taking my girls and Luke to my in-laws while he dealt with her and got her to sweep them up. I am sure the people at the park thought we were just the meanest parents! We had to chase her around the car several times and then as I left, Brian was holding her as she was trying to get away all the while he is holding the broom. It'll be funnier in a few months I hope. Anyway...Brian brought the girls home while I went to the store and when I got home, Libby had written this note all on her own (except for the ampersand sign that Eliza tried to show her how to write)...(click on it to make it bigger).

On a better note--the girls' report cards came home yesterday and they are both doing great. So we couldn't be happier about that. Eliza is student of the month again and she gets to be tested for SEARCH again. She is really excited since she loved it so much last year.
Ellie and Hattie have enjoyed a couple of indoor picnics lately.
3 comments:
That Libby girl!! It's a good thing we all love her so much!!!
And congratulations on the good report cards/student of the month/SEARCH!!
Is it wrong for me to love the fact that other people have struggles with the whole parenting thing?
Just so you know, you are not the only mean parents out there. One time Jim made Sam sweep the sidewalks for a punishment. He started at one corner and swept all the way down the block to the other corner.
Truthfully, I was very upset with Jim when I found out what he had done!
You know, Dan is just as stubborn. It makes we wonder if we paired them up as teenagers, if they would kill each other trying to out stubborn the other! lol!!!
ok this is seriously the funniest thing I have ever read! I love it. Now you are more human to me!! I think of you a SUPER MOM. I aspire to be like you one day.
Post a Comment