Thursday, April 23, 2009

Different, Good Day

Today turned out to be different than planned, but it turned out great. Brian and I had planned to go to the temple for stake temple day, so I got all ready and then got a text that our sitter woke up with a fever and sore throat, etc. So we scrambled for a minute about what to do. Then I felt like I might be getting a migraine, so we didn't know what to do. That feeling kind of passed and Kari graciously agreed to watch Ellie and Hattie, so we took off for the temple. We had planned to go to the chapel session at 9:30, but we knew we would be late for that so we thought we'd catch the 10 o'clock session. We hustled and thought we might slip in, but we got stuck at a light that wasn't working, so traffic was backed up. But it actually worked out. I still wasn't feeling that great and so we decided to do sealings instead. We hadn't done those for a while, so that was fun. There was a 97 year old lady there doing them too...talk about wearing out your life in service! I thought we were going to lose her right there--as she fell asleep several times, but she made it! We finished with those, grabbed lunch and came home. Brian went into work for a couple of appointments and I picked up Ellie and Hattie. Then I picked up Eliza and Libby from school.

When Kari ended up watching our girls, I made sure she promised to bring her kids over this evening while she and Jason went to the temple. So they brought their kids over around this afternoon. My kids had fun playing and they pretty much entertained each other. After feeding everyone dinner, we hopped in two cars and went to Eliza's soccer practice. They all had fun running around and playing. Jason and Kari came back soon after we got home. So overall today worked out very nicely!

1 comment:

Mo said...

You're amazing; I can't even imagine trying to tackle volleyball and hiking, and all that you do and being pregnant! But, you've always been in fantastic shape....

Love the mental picture I got of the sweet old lady doing sealings. ;) I want to be that old lady some day.