Sunday, April 26, 2009

Father's and (no) Son's

On Friday morning, Brian left for the Father's and Son's camp out. He went with his dad, two brothers and brother-in-law. He had a great time doing fun, camp out things--building fires, reading in the tent, etc. etc. They went to Blue Ridge Reservoir in the afternoon and had fun there, too.

I have a love/hate relationship with father's and son's. I am sure in a few years, I'll love it and look forward to a girls' weekend while Brian is away. ...not so much now. I will admit that this weekend went well, but still. If you have all sons or mostly sons, it's a GREAT weekend, but when you have ALL girls, it's like stress! LOL. When are they going to do a daddy/daughter camp out? I would be ALL over that.

So on Friday morning, Kari and I went hiking, then I got ready and took my girls to Becky's house. She has been wanting to have them over, so Friday was the day. I had some time to burn some photo shoots to CDs, so that was nice. I picked them up around noon, then several of us went swimming out in Vistancia. It was a fun time visiting and my girls had a blast swimming and playing on the steps (E&H). We came home, Hattie took a nap and we all had some much needed down time. From there the evening got crazy. I got roped into taking pictures at a quincenera for a young woman who used to be in my ward. I have never had the experience going to one, so that was interesting. The picture taking ended up being easy, so that was good. But I had already agreed to watch Terri's kids while she took pictures at another event. So I ended up getting a sitter to watch all the kids at my house. Luckily it went well!

Saturday morning we got up and ready for Eliza's soccer game. They lost 1-0, but she played well and hard. Brian (my brother) was nice enough to take Libby with them after Abby and Dallin's game, so it made things a bit easier. After Eliza's game we came home, had lunch, I made cookies for my SS class and I cleaned the house. Later in the afternoon, my parents came over. My mom had gotten some blackberries in her Bountiful Basket, so we quickly turned it into freezer jam. It went so fast since we didn't have any cutting up to do--just crushing! Brian got home in the early afternoon, so that was nice and I survived the camp out. That night I had a senior photo shoot, then Terri offered to watch our kids while we went out since Chris was DJing a dance. Brian and I got some dinner and went to Wal-Mart. Fun! It really was nice to catch up from the weekend.

Now on to today--Sunday...I was so tired this morning! But we made it to church on time. The talks in Sacrament were really good. I was able to listen quite a bit today--I just drew some pictures with Ellie but got to listen. Next I taught Sunday School--I had a small class today--just 15 kids. LOL. It went well again, so that is always nice. In Relief Society, we had a great lesson about Christ being "The Way" to our spiritual destination and where we want to end up.

This afternoon, I got to lay down in the playroom while Hattie napped and Brian played Legos with the other girls. Tonight was Sunday dinner with Brian's family. Laura and I had the main dish, so we made "warm chicken taco salad." It was good and the kids actually ate it really well--Libby included. She didn't have it in salad form, but she loved the chicken. The chicken is really good and I could see it in burritos, too. Brian had to leave for a stake Priesthood meeting, but I stayed and the girls played while some of the adults played Phase 10 Twist. It was fun but we didn't get to finish because Hattie--for one--was just being a bear...crying and whining. I don't think she felt great, but she was a handful!

This week is a big week! Tomorrow we are having a birthday lunch for Rachel at my house and Thursday we find out what we are having!! Can't hardly wait!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for outdoor plumbing this time! LOL!